This FREE app from JamPlay will improve your guitar playing, guaranteed! Download now & get access to guitar lesson videos, scales, chords, backing tracks, a metronome, and a tuner!
It doesn't matter if you play acoustic guitar, electric guitar, are a beginner guitarist or advanced player...this app will help improve your playing.
Check the reviews and see what others are saying. This is a must-have app! Over 345,000 users can't be wrong!
* Over 345,000 satisfied users
* Average rating of over 4.5
* Featured by Apple (USA)
* Beginner Lessons: Hundreds of lessons for absolute beginners.
* Genre Lessons: Learn to play your favorite style/genre of music.
* Song Lessons: We offer lessons for hundreds of the most popular songs.
* Exercise & Lick Libraries: Take advantage of these libraries to improve your chord strumming and scales.
* Backing Tracks: Hundreds of exclusive backing tracks for you to jam with.
* Free Content Updates: New lessons & tracks are added frequently. No app updates required. No extra fees.
* Tuner: Your built-in microphone turns your device into a tuner.
* Chord Library: Thousands of chord voicings with audio playback.
* Scale Library: Dozens of scales; each in all 12 keys with audio playback.
* Metronome: Customization accents, kits, and beats per minute
- Resolve video play issue in iOS 8 and other minor issues resolved.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love the Lessons, App Needs Work
I’ve been using JamPlay online for about 6-months and lesson wise, I’m really enjoying it.
However the app is all kinds of inconvenient. There is no remember option when closing the app, so each time you want to start a new session, you have to re-log in. And when I do log in, I try to view my prior lessons, but the app takes me to the upgrade membership section, despite having paid for a year of all content.
The videos themselves are great, but if you’re looking for the app to replace using a web browser, this update will not be it.
Adding insult to injury. Don't even try this.
To preface this comment, I'd like to say that I honestly to enjoy Jamplay's content. All sorts of lessons that I'd LOVE to pay for. But this is where I have issues. I'm not at my laptop most of the time. If I wasn't on the go a lot, I'd have time to sit at my laptop and use this service. Thankfully, there's an app though, right? It's advertised all over the website, talking about how it's available on so many devices. But that's all it is. Just available. It doesn't work. Plus it seems to be optimized for a long-since obselete operating system (iOS 8). That was 4 years ago. We are on iOS 12 now. I know for a fact that there have been a ton of people who have complained about the unusability of the app. Yet I havent seen ANY sort of consolation. Any sort of acknowledgment or even willingness to work on the app. Not only can I not view content on it but every time I leave the app (still running in background) I get immediately logged out. I've tried several times since I first got a membership back on iPhone 6. Then on iPhone 7. Then 8. Now XS Max. Also on a few iPads. To me, the devs must obviously not even care about the apps. If they did, they'd at least reply to the negative comments saying they're working on it. Or even say that there will be an update in the future. But it has literally been a ghost town for years. It's time to finally stop trying.
Great content; app needs improvement
First, I mostly use JamPlay on my computer. The content is extensive and great. There are, however, issues with the app that have been complained of for a long time. They have not been addressed. For example, if you leave for even a few minutes, you may be required to sign back in. Once you do, you will have to navigate all the way down to where you left. Also, I haven’t figured out a way to download the supplemental documents so that you have them on your phone to review. It’s easy on the computer. Of course, since you have to relogin and navigate back to where you were, that wouldn’t be as helpful anyway.
I have also had a few problems with the content fitting properly on my iPhone 7+ screen in portrait mode. And I have had some videos refuse to go to landscape mode.
Don’t get me wrong. JamPlay is a great resource and learning tool. Possibly the best on the Internet. It’s just the app that needs improvement. The content is well worth the price. In the meantime, you should use it on a computer if you can.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- JamPlay, LLC
- 34.6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 JamPlay.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.