Turn your iPhone or iPad into a personal interpreter for 33 languages.
The "Travel Interpreter" is a talking, illustrated phrasebook which translates words and phrases into 33 languages. The app offers you the unique opportunity to communicate abroad without any special language skills, as it can simply speak the translation as required. Easily understandable illustrations make communication even easier.
You can use the "Travel Interpreter" to order plane tickets, book hotel rooms, take a car to be repaired or order a meal in a restaurant without any language skills at all. More than 2,200 phrases and words are included for each language, all of which are clearly categorised according to the respective topic, such as customs, hotel, service, driving, car services, sightseeing, entertainment, eating and drinking, sport and leisure.
The integrated search function makes it even easier to find what you need. If, for example, you want to book a single room in a hotel, simply key in "single" and the phrase "I would like to book a single room" already appears on the screen.
• More than 2,200 illustrated phrases and words with audio tracks are included per language.
• 33 target languages: German, French, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Italian, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Polish, Czech, Slovak, Russian, Bulgarian, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Hebrew, Thai, Hindi, Vietnamese, Farsi, Catalan, Romanian, Croatian and Ukrainian.
• Available source languages for words, phrases and the app interface: Arabic, Czech, Slovak, Hungarian, Hebrew, Polish, English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish. Your source language corresponds to the selected device localization.
• All phrases are spoken by native speakers.
• Precise and simple categories organized into topics and sub-topics.
• Fast full-text search function, including for partial words.
• No Internet connection required for use. All content stored on the device.
• Each entry is illustrated, making communication even easier.
• Very easy to use by young and old.
• Includes phonetic spelling for the following languages: German, French, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Italian, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Danish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Greek, Arabic, Hebrew, Hindi, Farsi and Thai.
• Favorites category for saving words and phrases in to your own list.
• Exercise based on the flashcard drill concept, so that you can learn words and phrases from your favorites list.
• Function that allows you to slow down playback speed of foreign words and phrases.
• Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Works great now
Hello. It didn’t work at first. But after restarting the phone it’s works great. Thank you
Incredibly Useful and Fun Travel App
I travel a lot for business, and I am not a native speaker of the various countries I visit. Finding a way to communicate key phrases in the places I frequent is essential. When I purchased this app I was unsure what to expect; if it offered minimal help, a popular phrase here of there, then it would worth the price. Travel Interpreter far exceeded my expectations: the app has an unbelievable number of phrases - in a ton of languages! - and is easy to use. Very easy to use. In fact, in two cities people asked me (in English) how found the right phrase at the right moment. Thank you, Travel Interpreter. And, as someone who has tried competing products and fumbled my way through foreign dictionaries, I can attest to the superior features - and helpful illustrations - of Travel Interpreter. This app is a winner!
I use this app a LOT & the translations are dead on. I have had Thai, Hungarian & Russian people tell me that they thought I must have lived in their countries for some time because my pronunciation was so good. Some of the languages are missing English spellings (like Bulgarian), but even without it the audio is very helpful. English spellings would be greatly appreciated as Bulgarian is a difficult language for most English-speakers. I would love to see more languages added. I realize this would mean using up more space on your device, maybe giving users the ability to choose which languages they want to store on their device could be an option? Languages I run across a lot & would love to see - Romanian, Indonesian, Tagalog, Serbian, Croatian & Indian.
- Jourist Verlags GmbH
- 205.1 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Jourist Verlags GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.