• A fix for one of our top crashes
Thanks for using Kik!
Ratings and Reviews
Lot of good and some bad
I have had this app for like 2 years? And have made soo many friends. In fact once the video chat came out a group i was currently in was so hype, we spent a bit on it but it didnt work all the time back then so we gave up. There clearly has been lots of change since then and i enjoy most of it. There are a few bugs that well, bug me. First off the problem with changing pfp. Im in so many group chats (not rlly) were a lot of them have changed their pfp but it doesnt change when they text, and neither does their name. Which is more of a minor inconvenience but i still like to see that change. Another bug that i see often is when it would take me back to old “unread” messages even when i was talking during these times. I love all the things that have been added but these bugs have never changed. A cool thing to see in the future too is possible more backgrounds of possibly putting your own pictures for backroads and maybe adding a bio and making the background pick a little bigger, while i get why its that size i like the picture that i put and some arent fit for that format, and with the actual profile picture covering it it makes it harder to see the pictures. This app has definitely done its job of letting meet new people and talk to old ones and i would like for some of these bugs to finally be worked on after so long.
Love it (but I don’t like the new updates)
Ok so I’ve had Kik since 2 years back, it was awesome and worked amazing at that time. So I got a new phone and forgot about it and probably half a year later I got it again, it was great when I opened the app. It worked perfectly and I didn’t have any problems. So as time gone by I noticed a few bugs, example: I own a group so I’m the owner, sometimes when I open the app and a bot joins I try to remove it but it doesn’t give me the option so when I view the members, there’s two of me. The one that’s owner and the one that’s a member. So I ask the members if they see two of me in the members and they say no. I tried closing the app and reopening it but it never works so I just wait it out and let my admins do it for me. The update that I hated is when someone leaves a group chat, you can’t private message them. That update annoyed me a lot because I made some friends in some chats but they left but I can never get in touch with them unless I had them in my contacts which I do not. I’m only see that the bugs happen in the group chats. I really hope they fix them because I love this app!
Needs more organization options
This is a great messaging app and I have made a ton of new friends who are into the same things I am.
HOWEVER: some MAJOR organization needs to happen. I really don’t like how unorganized it is!
1. It should be able to be organized by groups and direct messages, like two separate chunks, so you have your directs in the top and groups in the bottom, separated by a line or a category or something. I hate having to scroll through tons of messages just to see where the notification is coming from!!!
2. I wish I could flag messages that I want to return to at a later time. So I’d like to be able to read them but then flag them so I can keep them at my attention.
3. Wish I could pin certain groupchats to the top.
4. there should be options for “turn off all group notifications” so i don’t have to go into each one separately and do it manually. As well as would love an option for “alert all groups with this message”.
5. I’d like to be able to add people into a group chat FROM my singular chat that I’m having with them. There should be an option from the personal message to “add to a group” which then populates with all the groups I’m in, from which i can choose which one to add them to. Not having to exit the chat then go find the group then go to add people and find the person from a list of recent chats in order to add them, would be great.
Otherwise I love the app.
- Kik Interactive Inc.
- 156 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2019 Kik Interactive Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.