Lose Yourself Without Getting Lost.
This handy application presents you several self-guided city walks, featuring the best of the city. It comes with detailed walk route maps and powerful navigation features enabling you to see the best of the city. No need to hop on a tour bus or join a tour group; now you can explore all the city attractions on your own, at your own pace, and at a cost that is only a fraction of what you would normally pay for a guided tour.
Sightseeing walks included in this application are:
* Monuments and Memorials (9 sights)
* Gardens and Parks (6 sights)
* City Orientation Walk (12 sights)
* Art Galleries and Museums (11 sights)
* History Museums (9 sights)
* Nightclubs in Washington (7 sights)
* Federal Buildings (11 sights)
* Georgetown Walking Tour (10 sights)
* Souvenir Shopping Part 1 (7 sights)
Discovery walks included in this application are:
* Georgetown Shopping
* Embassy Row Walking Tour
* Adams Morgan Walking Tour
* Chinatown and Penn Quarter Walking Tour
* Logan Circle Walking Tour
No Data Plan or Internet is Needed, and No Roaming either. All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the city walks or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app works with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Walk routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported by the iPod Touch and iPad wifi models).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* Create your own walks to see the attractions you like.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app gives you the option to turn off the GPS tracking in the background to prolong the battery life.
- Fixed a bug.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is SAD
After downloading a walking tour for Charleston and one for Savannah from iTunes and using them both in lieu of paying an actual tour guide to take us around the city, I am DEEPLY disappointed in this one. I should have known when the other 7 people gave it 1 star but was confused by the lack of reviews. So, I paid my $4.99 and got it anyway. While it is true that this app is completely independent of the Internet, great for iPod Touch users, it is also true that there is no "guide" or narrative. It's just 4 sentences giving VERY vague information about the site you're standing in front of. It's not even more than you would get from a quick Google search on your Blackbery. There is no speaking, no history telling or even story telling. Really it's totally pathetic. And shame on iTunes for using the term "self-guided walking app" to describe it. Half-truths are still a lie, Apple!
I chose the $4.99 pay versions thinking it would be more helpful. My family got upset with me for following the apps's directions. Could not even find the Air&Space Museum! A search for the National Aquarium did not return any results. Just Googling an attraction and getting direction with the map feature on my old IPhone 3 blew this app away.
Best app if you like walking
I absolutely love this app. When I'm traveling I feel like waking makes me know new little unknown locations that no guides will tell you. This app gives you the chance to know all the important spots without missing these perks - and without getting lost. I used it in many locations in US and China. It's a must have for my trips.
- GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
- 126.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2010 GPSmyCity.com Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.