Over 2 million people are using the NS-app as their journey planner: the most convenient and real-time Public Transport planner.
From your home to an appointment in the city, or from your work to your B&B address; you can plan your journey to any address using the NS-app - the complete app to plan all of your journeys by train, bus, tram, and/or metro. Check the current location of your bus or train, see if an OV-fiets is available, receive push notifications when we change the timetable due to weather conditions or disruptions on the network, and discover even more handy extra services. NS can show you the way on public transport.
+ With the NS-app, you always have the most up-to-date travel information at your fingertips.
+ Want to know if it's busy in your train? Use features like the crowding forecast and the seat finder.
+ You can also use the NS-app to purchase a ticket.
+ Let the app monitor your favorite (train) routes and receive a message in the event of a delay and disruption.
+ Station information including shops, opening hours, OV-fiets availability, etc.
+ Real-time list of disruptions, including the possibility to receive notifications about the changes.
+ Log in with you My NS account, see your balance and journey history or easily switch your travel class (from 2nd class to 1st class) with NS Flex or a NS-Business Card.
We would like to make the NS app as good as possible and are constantly improving the app. If you have any questions, remarks or other feedback - you can contact the developers via the NS-app. We discuss feedback on a daily basis so we can provide the best app experience.
Based on your feedback we worked hard on new features and improvements. In this update:
• We made some design adjustments in the Journey Planner screen to improve the flow of planning a journey.
• If you plan a journey with a stopover (via), this destination is now shown between your starting point and destination.
• You can now buy the Jongeren Dagkaart (Young Persons Day ticket) in the ticket shop.
• You can now report nuisance or aggression via the "More" menu.
• Occasionally, something went wrong when setting up notifications on your route. This issue has been resolved.
• The button for deleting your previously selected stations is working again.
• The correct icons (bus/train/metro/tram) are shown in the travel advice.
• The app no longer asks for your location immediately upon first start-up, but only when it is applicable.
• When you removed the check-in/out widget from the home screen, it occasionally happened that it came back automatically the next time. That has now been resolved.
• Finally, a few minor bug fixes. In Dutch we'd say the app is running like a train again, but let's just say… everything works properly.
Let us know what you think. We'd love to get your feedback.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Check in with phone
I think there must be a simple with to connect personal ov chip card with the app do that you can simple check in and out with you phone. It sounds simple but would be one of the best feature.
Great for tourists who want to take a train
This app is easy to use and much more comprehensive than the transit support in maps (or google maps). All the information you need is right at your fingertips. The only minor issue is that the disruption information is only in Dutch (I just copy/paste into google translate).
A must have when traveling in NL
This app is brilliant and extremely accurate! Not only kept me on time but also able to time a different train of needed. I wouldn't live with out it! If you travel get it!
- NS Reizigers B.V.
- 190.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Nederlandse Spoorwegen
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.