TapSpeak Sequence for iPad revolutionizes how parents, speech therapists, vision therapists, schools, and institutions create and use message sequences to help disabled children learn to communicate. Use TapSpeak Sequence instead of sequential message switches to record and customize messages without losing any previously recorded sequences.
Kids with cerebral palsy, autism, cortical vision impairment (CVI), pediatric stroke, or any disability that impairs their ability to communicate can make use of this app.
Note: The only difference between the Plus and Standard versions of TapSpeak Sequence is that the Plus version includes the 4500 symbol Dynavox/Mayer-Johnson PCS core set in its price.
• Unlimited number of sequences
• Unlimited sequence length
• Unlimited phrase recording length
• Select from a number of geometric symbols and colors
• Use your own photographs or drawings
• Tap response is configurable to accommodate kids with varying motor skill levels
• Switch access via RJ Cooper and AbleNet Blue2 Bluetooth switch interfaces.
• Reorder phrases in a sequence, modify existing phrases
• Ability to export/import/merge sequences between devices
• Universal app. Runs on both iPad and iPhone/iPod touch
Many more features coming including:
• Resizable and moveable visual targets
• Configurable background (low/high complexity)
• Comprehensive usage tracking and reporting
• More sample sequences
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Same app you've loved over the years but with iOS 11 Compatibility updates. Support for backups via Dropbox will return in the next update.
Ratings and Reviews
App crashes when you try to add a step.
Great Therapy Tool!
This is a wonderful app that allows our students to participate in story reading, ask for assistance in the community, and telling jokes. Students use TapSpeak Sequence to cue themselves with spoken directions and now, with PCS symbols that match the children's communication devices. I feel confident there are many more uses for this app than we have come up with. You can do anything with TapSpeak Sequence that you can do with a Step-By-Step message switch AND you have symbols and pictures to aid in comprehension. A truly exceptional and valuable tool.
We received the basic app for review purposes but made the choice to buy the PCS symbol in-app purchase because we saw such value in the program. Highly recommended.
Great Apps by TapSpeak!!!
TapSpeak Sequence was utilized in a day habilitation center with a non-verbal individual. The staff was misty after seeing how he was able to tap and participate in a cause and effect activity using your app. He was able to focus and reduce stimulating behaviors during this task. This individual demonstrated limited purposeful interactions up until this assessment/intervention. Thank you for creating these apps and including the switch capability.
Speech-Language Pathology Center, MA
The developer, Ted Conley, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ted Conley
- 102.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2017 TapSpeak, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- TapSpeak Sequence PCS Library $19.99