The application that turns your iPhone into a real webcam! No further software or hardware required.
Just push the 'Start’ button and the transmission of your live video stream is being sent.
Use your iPhone as a camera based baby monitor or transform your iPhone quickly into a video camera to monitor your Sunday roast.
To view your live video you simply need a browser or another 'Mini WebCam'.
Access via browser:
Just enter the displayed URL in the address line of your web browser (for example http://192.168.1.1). No need for any further plug-ins or other requirements.
Access via iPhone:
Simply choose your webcam through the list of ‘Available Cams’ by click!
- Streaming of videos to the WLAN
- Integrated WebServer
- Supported browser: Safari (< 6.0), Firefox
- Free choice of name for webcam
- Free selectable port for the browser view
- Supports as many 'Mini WebCams‘ as you choose and these will be diplayed clearly in form of a list.
- Access for several clients to one 'Mini WebCam' is possible
- Use the flashlight in dark environment
- Choice of three quality levels (low, normal, high)
- Choice of three different speed levels, from real time to single frames
- Status of charging display
More features coming soon!
In the next version:
- Picture rotation in the browser selectable
- Support for IE
- General bugfixing
We thank all users for their numerous feedback!
- Bugfix for iOS 4.2.1
- Selectable port for browser view
- Flashlight support
- Saving of preferences
- Battery runtime for slow modes optimized
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Many of the reviews here are from people who expect this app to do things it does not attempt to do.
They are correct when saying rear cam only (that's the better camera anyway) and that there's no sound (it doesn't claim to offer sound recording). Other people here are confused, thinking that this is a WebCam you can attach directly to your computer and use to get video in Skype for example. That is not what this webcam app supposed to.
The big disappointment that I find here, is that for some strange reason, the only web browser that supported his Firefox. With other browsers you get garbage characters as if the browser is attempting to render the date of an image as the binary text. It's very peculiar it's probably small fix. I really hope the developers make note of the same changes and they quickly released patch.
I'm quite disappointed as well with people who have given this app bad reviews based on their inability to figure out how port forwarding works or even in some cases what the URL is supposed to be for the WebCam when the WebCam URL is clearly there on screen. Please read the documentation.
Does what its supposed to do
I was looking for an app to turn my iPhone into a webcam that was:
2) For use on a LAN; no WAN functionality required
3) Didn't require any additional software
This app does all of the above.
The image size, frame rate, and quality is reasonable at the "medium" setting.
What I don't like:
1) Doesn't work on Chrome and IE8. It does work on Safari (Mac & iOS) and Firefox (Mac & PC).
2) Something very weird is going on with the orientation. When viewed on iOS, the camera must be held in Portrait mode. When viewed on Safari on iOS, the camera must be held in Landscape mode. The app should read the orientation of the device and act accordingly.
3) No sound.
yep, no sound, yep you gotta lock the rotate button when viewing on an iOS device, yep you gotta adjust video quality to increase size of image--but hey the high quality setting provides an excellent quality image and the medium setting works fine. I see no reason why this app would not be worth money if it had audio. Gives you a URL you can copy and paste to share, and is viewable Safari. It really works easily. Want front camera and sound?, buy a real webcam and use a video chat like Facetime or Tango. This is app "just works" and that is its beauty! 5 stars when audio is available. But I don't need audio for a security cam.
The developer, pripares, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- pripares software solutions GmbH
- 1.2 MB
- Requires iOS 4.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 4.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 pripares GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.