TASUC SCHEDULE is a very simple, picture-based schedule application for iPhone/iPod touch, especially for small children to easily create his/her own daily time-table by using image cards with sounds & voices attached.
This application was, above all, developed for verbally disabled children and people with developmental disabilities such as autism, so that they can manage their "want-to-do"s simply and in order. As a result, an intuitive user interface and experience have been realized, thus this application can also be used for ordinary children and adults as well.
FUNCTIONS (as of ver1.2.0)
1-1. EDIT MODE
- Drag and drop a card from card-list to the canvas.
- Swipe a card to the left to delete it from canvas.
- Hold and drag a card set in canvas to reorder cards in the schedule.
1-2. CANVAS (DISPLAY) MODE
- Tap clock to set time.
- Tap status bar to scroll to the current time.
- Swipe a card left & right to set "complete".
- Tap a lower left button and then multi schedules will be editted.
- Long Click each schedules to copy&paste 'one schedule set'.
2. CARD LIST (CARD-EDIT & VOCA)
- Tap "Add Picture" button at upper-right corner of the screen to create a new card.
- Hold card for a while to start dragging & reordering. To move it to the other page, just drag it to the bottom tab.
- By locking cards from SETTINGS, you can use it as a verbal communication tool (VOCA).
3. OTHER SETTINGS
- Sound effects
- Card-List setting
- VOCA mode (card lock or scheduler lock)
- Schedule save data setting
- Alarm setting
- Clock format, card name display, data initialization, etc.
Adjudt to latest iOS version.
Set minimum iOS version to ver 14.7.
Ratings and Reviews
Bad app and not worth the money.
Has so much promise
While it's not very intuitive to figure out, once you understand how it works this is a solid little app. It works amazingly for it's designed purpose, which is to act as a visual scheduler.
Schedules are very easy to create. You can add extra schedules, your own images, delete unneccessary images, and add subschedules as well. So for instance, if you add 'cleaning' to your schedules, you can add 'your room', 'kitchen', and 'bathroom' under the 'cleaning' category in your schedule to further specify what needs to be done in the activity. The default artwork isn't bad, but if you don't like it it's also very easy to change.
I have had a couple (minimal) problems with the application crashing when I add new photos, but it restarts quickly, and saves the work I had added; so I assume a bug fix will take care of it. Some documentation is on their website, but it can be hard to find if you don't understand japanese. I promise you that it's there though, and once you find it, you can navigate through the app fairly easily.
What really keeps this from being a 5 star app is it's total rigidness.
It would be awesome to be able to save your general schedules as a template then be able customize it for the day without having to rebuild it from scratch or ruin the template you had created. If I could create a basic 'weekday' template schedule, and then customize it further for "Friday, June 10th" that would blow my socks off.
It would also be awesome to be able to create a free form schedule without a set timeline. For instance: on weekends you can wakeup whenever you want, but then you still have to shower and eat breakfast, etc... Allow me to select how long I want each event to take (15 minutes at the park), but not necessarily when I have to do it.
I'd also love to have a countdown timer option for certain activities to make it easier to transition. (You have 5 more minutes at the park, then we go to the car.) I'd also really like to have a simple "First _____ then ______" and a simple choice or reward board included in the layout options; but that would be icing on the cake. Maybe in a future update? ;)
If those features were included, it would absolutely be a 5+ star app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Info Lounge Corporation
- 42.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.7 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.7 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.5 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 - 2019 TASUC Inc. & Info Lounge LLC All rights reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.