Checkmate for Foursquare lets you check in automatically to your favorite places. Checkmate will run in the background and automatically check you in when you are close enough to a venue. No more awkward silence as everyone in your group pulls out their phone to check in!
- Maintain control by only choosing venues you want to check in to.
- Checkmate won't check you into a location if you do so manually.
- Share your auto-checkins with Twitter and Facebook.
- Share with friends or check in off the grid.
- GPS mode for more accurate location tracking and checkins.
- Set a custom radius per venue for Checkmate to monitor.
- Choose how often Checkmate will check you in for each venue.
- Set a timer delay for Checkmate to check you in, eliminating drive-by auto check-ins.
- Set a custom shout for each venue.
- Slide gestures to quickly add and remove venues from your auto check in list.
- Choose to automatically check in, or simply receive a reminder.
Checkmate has been completely redesigned and is compatible with all devices that support iOS 7.
Reviews: Rated 4/5 by Appsafari!
Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Fixes issue with sharing checkins with Facebook and Twitter.
Ratings and Reviews
Been luvin the app but it stopped working
Not sure what’s going on, but the app stopped working last week. I lost all my stored auto check in location when reinstalling the app, but that didn’t help. It still doesn’t work. :(
It's inconsistent about functioning. Even with the upgrade.
A pretty good start
This is a good start, and is a functionality I've been wanting. But it could use a few improvements:
* You have to be selective about which locations you choose for auto-checkin. It's really easy to get several "drive-by" check-ins that you didn't intend. Suggestion: only auto-checkin to a location if you remain in its area for 2-3 minutes consectively.
* Looking forward to support for other apps besides Foursquare (Gowalla, Brightkite, Yelp)
* If you are near several locations which are very near each other, perhaps it could alert you, and then ask you to choose, instead of just checking you in to all of them.
Other than that, it works pretty much as described. Great for maintaining your place-stream without having to dig your phone out every place you go.
The developer, Hung Truong, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Hung Truong
- 9.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Hung Truong
- In-App Purchases
- Checkmate Pro Upgrade $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.