iGrib is a GRIB (GRIdded Binary) file viewer for iOS (iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch).
This allows you to see the same data that the professionals use for forecasting.
This app is particularly valuable for people like sailors who require a longer range forecast. (The author is a sailor)
Grib files are available with up to 10 days forecast of temperature, wind, cloud cover, precipitation, pressure, relative humidity and CAPE - for various regions covering most of the world. Alternatively you can define your own files from within the app or use files from 3rd parties.
View one or more parameters at a time on the map, or touch and hold to see all the data for a particular point.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Urgent bug fix and technical update.
From the previous version you'll most likely be updating from:
- iPhone6 and 6Plus screen compatibility
- File definition improvements:
- A new UI for defining your own files
- Include CAPE, Relative Humidity and wind GUST in your own files
- Specify a less frequent interval for the data points (to save file size)
- Include a space in the name you choose for files that you define
- The key button is disabled whilst you don't have an applicable layer visible.
- Fixed a bug that for some users prevented the automatic display of when updates are available.
- Various other minor IOS8 updates to keep with the times...
Ratings and Reviews
Very valuable data for cruisers..
Depend on your wx daily before making movement plans..Great tool for people living and moving about on the oceans! Keep it up-please..More accurate than some of the forecasts on SSB ..Only concern is when expanding picture for closer view, page crashes..Love the wind speed on the grub page... Keep it up please!!!!!
I am a Captain and go to sea for a living. The information provided is both accurate and timely. I've been using Grib for several years. All the predictions have been correct. The iGrib app is the logical progression it puts accurate weather information in your pocket. A must-have if you are going to sea.
Intelligent & Accurate
This app consistently depicts the GRIB forecast model data in an easy to read, accurate depiction of the climate conditions that will makeup future weather. We find it especially useful in giving us the onset and expected duration of extreme weather.
The developer, Mojoso, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- James Eddison
- 13.4 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Mojoso 2010-2015
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.