How much food do you have in your home?
Organize, scan and achieve your home food storage goals the easy way.
Home Food Storage will help you whether you're just starting or have a well-established plan.
* Optimized scanner for standard UPC/EAN item barcodes.
* Online lookup with details on 20,000+ everyday items. You may also opt-in and contribute back item details for new or unknown items.
* Easy to use -- detects both vertically- and horizontally-oriented barcodes.
* Manual barcode number entry/search available. (Enter all digits from the barcode.)
* Note: Scanning requires auto-focus camera.
Multi-device Online Sync & Backup
* Securely sync and backup your database online using iCloud or Dropbox.
* Sync between your own devices using iCloud.
* Sync between different users using Dropbox (free account required).
* Copy/Backup your entire database between iOS devices.
* Use the Shopping List option to plan specific item quantities to purchase.
* Track pricing history with amounts, places and dates.
* Track items with quantity, weight, locations, prices, expiration dates, shelf life, consumption rate and more
* Organize items into a preloaded, editable hierarchy to provide instant insight into your storage plan at multiple levels.
* Can handle every type of everyday item, including money.
* Personalize and improve your storage organization by tracking locations for your items.
* Divide quantities of an item into multiple locations and multiple expiration dates
* Personalize your plan based on family size
* Set specific time goals and amounts for different item types
* Set quantity goals on individual items
* Plan item usage based on shelf life and expected consumption rate
* Download selected Emergency Preparedness documents and have them available at a moment's notice.
Reports & Lists
* Fast access to the following item lists:
- All Items
- Shopping List
- Items Below Goal
- Items Expiring Soon
- Items needing Weight/Volume
- Items Not Recently Updated
3D Touch Quick Actions
* Jump straight to your Shopping List, Barcode Scanning or Search (on supported devices).
*** Join us on Facebook at "The Home Food Storage App" and find out early about upcoming releases. ***
Avoid crash due to invalid data
Ratings and Reviews
Love the app, wish it worked elsewhere.
I love the app, for the most part it is easy to use. I just wish it worked on other platforms. I’m a PC guy and would love it if it worked in windows. Our phones are google, it would sure be nice if it worked on them. My wife’s tablet is a Kindle Fire, she would love to be able ro access it. I have the only iPad, the only device in the household that it will work on and don’t plan to replace it when it goes. I hate the idea of entering everything in here only to lose it down the road.
I have tried other apps and I’m not as happy with them. This one seems to fit the bill. If only it worker on other platforms.
One problem I am having is figuring out how to delete an item that I accidentally added in two categories. I can list it as zero, but how do I delete it?
Overall, very good
This is a great app that does what I need it to do. There is a bit of a learning curve, but I have figured out how to use most of the features. I have recorded inventory in multiple places, created my own categories and items (although it would be nice to have an icon set for user-created categories), and Use Sets feature is extremely helpful. quite robust, and for the most part, I love it!
The only problem I have had is that recently (past few months), I can’t always assign an expiration date to items in the Use Sets feature. The date wheel comes up, but the Done button is missing, so the date is not recorded. I can go into a different food, and it works. Then go back to the one that wasn’t working, and it still doesn’t work. I have re-started the app, and sometimes it fixes itself, but not always. I even rebooted my iPad, and it still didn’t always work. I don’t dare to delete and reinstall the app, as I don’t really trust the backup, and I have so much stored in the app it would take time I don’t have to re-enter everything. I try to work around this but it’s annoying when it doesn’t work the way it should.
Love this app but....
Love this app! I would like to see a category for the number of serving a can has added to the list of specifics. The freeze dried, dehydrated and canned food all have different weights to them. A better tally I would think would be in the number of servings a can holds. Weight is important too and needs to be considered as well. I know in the options you can chose either weight or servings. Both are important elements to consider. After using this app for a few years now the numbers don’t seem to change. I’ve been at 39% prepared forever it seems. I would like to see areas as to where I can get past the 39% rank. Water you can’t store a year or more for a family of say 4. There is just not enough space. What about water filtration equipment would that make a difference? Are tents & sleeping bags accounted for, clothing or other things that would make life easier in a disaster mode? Where are those categories?
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Long Term Glass Wares, LLC
- 18 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Hungarian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Long Term Glass Wares, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.