The most advanced vocabulary learning tool in the App Store!
6th Grade Vocabulary Prep was designed to improve vocabulary skills in the classroom and at home:
• Click to listen to a pronunciation of each word, its meaning, and a sample sentence
• Study hundreds of vocabulary words at your own pace with guided step-by-step learning
• Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 6th grade level
• Students can read through words and definitions as many times as they need for review
• Word and definition quizzes are used to reinforce learning, ensuring that students understand each word in a section before they continue
• When they're ready, students can take the test to move on to the next level (they'll need to get at least 90% correct to advance)
"Love this app, the words are a little more advanced than the younger grade levels."
"I'm learning English as second language and this is a great app. Gives word, definition, and part of speech. I really liked it. I learned pretty fast and it was easy to remember."
Teachers: sets of vocabulary words from this app can be assigned as activities in Apple's Schoolwork app
> No In-App Purchase required, all content is included!
Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards for 6th Grade:
• Acquire grade-appropriate conversational, general academic, and domain-specific words
• Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 6 topic or subject area
• Use sentence-level context as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase
• Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension
• Read on-level text with purpose and understanding
• Students can click each word, its meaning, and a sample sentence to listen to the audio as often as needed
• Students will be able to listen to each of the available answers in tests and quizzes before selecting their choice
• Students are congratulated on a job well done, or will hear the example sentence repeated as a reminder if they answer incorrectly
• Enter as many student names as you need
• Just like a set of flash cards, any word a student gets wrong on one of the practice quizzes is returned to the "back of the deck" and will be asked again to make sure the student can answer every word in that section correctly
• Email a student's specific test results or a recap of their full progress
• Password protected administrator section allows you to review student scores and track student improvement
Word list includes:
& hundreds more!
*With practice you can achieve your best scores!*
We love to hear from you!
Please send any feedback or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Peekaboo Studios is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 8-10
Categories: Reading, Vocabulary
Performance improvements for the latest devices. Leave us a review, and let us know how you feel about our apps! Thanks so much for all your support!
Ratings and Reviews
Little bit challenging but learning not a problem
Good app but needs an update
I downloaded this app because it had good reviews. I liked that this app was challenging. I did not like that that there were only 4 modes, and if I could change something about the app it would be to add more modes. I would compare this app to the other app I downloaded because the other app had the same things as the app I downloaded. But I would choose this app over the other app because the other app only had one mode as of this app had 4 modes.
I just downloaded this so I haven’t even started yet, but I noticed in your description that you have 100’s of words instead of 100s. 🤔 Apostrophes are not used to make plurals. (Just a note from a former teacher...sorry it’s just what I do.) I also make errors that go unnoticed as I’m sure the case is here.
Developer Response ,
Good catch! Thanks for letting us know. I also typically reach out to people to point out typos or errors when I find them. We will make a note about this fix for the next time we are able to update this app. Let us know your thoughts once you start using the app too!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Peekaboo Studios LLC
- 40.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 9–11
- © 2019 Peekaboo Studios
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.