Excellent tool for students to practice steno on an iPad.
Court Reporters can import their translation dictionary or use one of the pre-loaded dictionaries. Customizable display, Instant real-time translation, writing speed display and wide key options.
- Write steno with the iPad touch-screen
- Import your own translation dictionary (from RTF-CRE format)
- Instant real-time Translation
- Writing speed display (strokes-per-minute)
- Send email messages and save notes
- Integrated file manager
- The steno keyboard dimensions are the same as your physical writer
- Customize the steno key style, text size and colors
- User definable wide-key options [*, TS, DZ]
Updated for for IOS 12 Compatibility
Ratings and Reviews
This is a very cool app and it seems to work pretty well. The only down side is (obviously) there’s no tactile feedback so it’s tough to learn by feel like you’re technically supposed to. It’d be cool if there was an option to turn on the key names and even see a layout of double characters. If you have to look to type, you might as well have the option of turning on the labels. I like the export and being able to add your own dictionaries is very cool.
Great for practicing
I am a court reporter and this is a great program. I can take notes when I don't have my machine with me. My iPad is easier to carry around than my machine. Thanks for this great program.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.