Excellent tool for students to practice steno on an iPad.
Court Reporters can import their translation dictionary or use one of the pre-loaded dictionaries. Customizable display, Instant real-time translation, writing speed display and wide key options.
- Write steno with the iPad touch-screen
- Import your own translation dictionary (from RTF-CRE format)
- Instant real-time Translation
- Writing speed display (strokes-per-minute)
- Send email messages and save notes
- Integrated file manager
- The steno keyboard dimensions are the same as your physical writer
- Customize the steno key style, text size and colors
- User definable wide-key options [*, TS, DZ]
Updated for for IOS 12 Compatibility
Ratings and Reviews
Great way to practice
This app is a great way to practice theory and accuracy. I would love to be able to email my steno notes as well as the transcript. Thanks for the app.
This is a very cool app and it seems to work pretty well. The only down side is (obviously) there’s no tactile feedback so it’s tough to learn by feel like you’re technically supposed to. It’d be cool if there was an option to turn on the key names and even see a layout of double characters. If you have to look to type, you might as well have the option of turning on the labels. I like the export and being able to add your own dictionaries is very cool.
I retired from court reporting many years ago and thought it might be fun to do some steno keyboarding. Although this app may be okay for those who have never used a real steno machine, it is just a flat-out simulator. I guess I didn’t realize how much the feel and depth of the keys is integral to being able to write. Wish I could have gotten a short free trial.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Gigatron Software Corporation
- 22.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Gigatron Software Corporation
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.