The Common Symptom Guide is the most trusted and easy-to-use reference for quickly and accurately evaluating and treating patients based on presenting symptoms. The Guide includes lists of pertinent questions, physical findings, and differential diagnosis for more than 100 of the most common adult and pediatric symptoms so you can instantly diagnose and treat the complaint.
Turn to The Common Symptom Guide for important guidelines on:
* Patient and family history
* Physical examination
* Diagnostic considerations
* Environmental history
* Outstanding indexing and cross-referencing to help you quickly arrive at a diagnosis
* Increased number of evidence-based medicine references
* Updated medical information throughout
* More references to key websites
* Additional information on the author's website
Doody's Review Service:
"This is a book of lists to help inexperienced healthcare providers hone their skill at progressing from symptoms to a differential diagnosis to treatment decisions. This is a necessary step in a student's development and this book goes a long way in assisting in this process."
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
• Four new colorful themes.
• Delete and sort entries with Favorites/Recent list.
• General bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My Go To
I use this book when I am running out of symptom-to-disease causation. I am a RN serving in a NeuroICU unit and one of the puzzling findings for most RNs are what the causes of a Neuro patient’s vomitus. Is it vertigo? GI? Infection? Medication? Especially with the brain already compromised deduction can be tedious to come to a solution, until I found this book.
Easy to find symptom indices with brief descriptions on associated causes to the selected symptom. Symptom, symptom, symptom... lol thank you to the Authors and Editors at McGraw-Hill for producing reputable evidence that enhances clinical judgment and patient quality care!
It would be nice if the material presented had references, clinical trials/studies, and suggestions for treatment.
This would be a functionality issue with the text. specifically to iPhone a couple of things I noticed, I can’t tap and hold words to highlight for iPhone’s features of “look up,” or “copy” functions. Ideally, what would be cool to have is if a user taps a word in the definition of a term, it would populate other keywords elsewhere in the app. And lastly, the word of the day notification does not update daily, eg if I don’t check a day, ie the 16th of Oct, then that notification will repeat the same word of the day. Often there are word of the days that do not catch my interest. I think if that feature were corrected then the app usage might increase, at least for me.
CANNOT look up potential diagnosis by entering patients symptoms. This is NOT helpful.
- MobiSystems, Inc.
- 75.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 MobiSystems, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.