Graphic is a powerful feature-packed vector drawing and illustration application for macOS.
"Lightweight vector drawing; easy to use; 9/10" - Mac.AppStorm.net
Featured in "Amazing Mac Apps", "...very powerful at a very decent price" - iCreate Magazine
Graphic has all of the tools you need to create everything from detailed technical illustrations to beautiful works of art. Create intricate designs quickly and easily, and continue working on the go with Graphic for the iPad.
Create resolution-independent illustrations that can be pasted into Pages documents, included in Keynote presentations, or used together with iBooks Author.
- Import SVG, PDF, EPS, and Photoshop PSD files.
- Export designs as SVG, PDF, PNG, PSD, JPEG, GIF, and TIFF files.
- Copy selected objects as PNG, PDF, SVG, CSS properties, and Core Graphics code.
- Export icons, bitmap and vector images directly into Xcode xcasset folders.
- Export layers and tagged objects automatically as individual files.
Photoshop PSD Import/Export
- Import layered PSD files with vector paths and effects.
- Shape layers are imported as editable vector paths.
- Layer effects are imported as fully editable drop shadows, inner shadows, glows, etc.
- Export designs as layered PSD files.
Professional Drawing Tools
- Full-featured Bezier Pen tool for creating custom shapes.
- Brush and Pencil tools for fluid drawing and sketching.
- Essential set of shape creation tools.
- Boolean path combinations.
- Path multi-point selection and editing.
- Join, connect, and disconnect paths.
- Rotate, Scale, and Shear transform tools.
- Compound Paths.
- Convert Anchors tool.
- Eraser tool.
- Scissor tool.
- Dimensioning tool.
- Apply multiple strokes, fills, and effects to any object.
- Apply inner shadows, drop shadows, and glow effects to objects.
- Arrange the order of fills, strokes, and effects using drag and drop.
- 24 vibrant blend modes, including Multiply, Overlay, Linear Burn, Vivid Light, etc.
- Set blend modes for layers, shapes, fills, strokes, shadows, and glow effects.
Many other powerful features, including:
- Shape Libraries.
- Appearance Styles.
- Text on Path.
- Multi-style Text.
- Layers and Groups.
- Smart Alignment Guides.
- Labels and Dimensioning.
- Canvas Scale, Rulers, and Units (mm, cm, inches)
- Canvas Styles.
- Snap to Grid / Snap to Point.
- Align and Distribute objects.
- Duplicate and Transform.
- Linear, Radial, and Angle gradients.
- Image masking.
- Convert Text to Paths.
- Inner and Outer Strokes.
- Outline Stroke.
- Duplicate and Transform.
- RGB, HSB, and Hex Color Pickers.
- Pixel-Preview Mode.
- Import PDF files and annotations.
- Export as vector-based PDF and SVG files.
- Plugins / Powerful scripting API.
- ColorSync Color Management.
- Fast rendering of very complex projects.
- Multi-threaded drawing ensures lag-free scrolling and zooming.
- New CocoaScript plugin/scripting architecture
- Swift 4 code export
- PSD export with DPI settings
- SVG import improvements
- Many other fixes and improvements
Recent updates to the iPad and iPhone versions of Graphic, with iOS 11 and iPhone X support. Many more new features for all versions coming soon!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent Vector Drawing Tool
This is an excellent tool for vector graphics. I’ve purchased “many” graphics tools over the years and most of the time they get used for about a week then never again. Either they are overly complex or they just don’t do what I need them to do. Out of the box, this tool delivers. It is relatively intuitive to use and packed with features. What’s more important is that you don’t need a PhD in graphics design to use this tool. If you are a programmer who wants to create icons for your apps or an artist who wants to do something more involved, this tool will deliver. Back to my earlier comment about using a tool for a week and then never again… I’ve been using Graphic now for about a year. I’ve created hundreds of vector images. This tool has become one of my key go-to tools for app development right next to Xcode. Finally, $29? Seriously, you can’t beat the price especially given that the authors continue to improve and upgrade this. I’d pay more than that for a an icon package. Exceptional value.
MacDrawPro - Fast Forward=> Graphic 3.0.1
I have been a heavy user of MacDrawPro way back on Classic 9.1 OS which I was still running on my G5 Mac Tower. But once I discovered iDraw…now Graphic as AutoDesk has renamed it, I find this app over the top for the price to performance and capabilities. With extremely accurate Scalability I can design everything from a dog house to a work bench or cabinet, remodel my deck or plan the layout of my garden plots with 100% accuracy before ever cutting a board or hammering a nail. It is extremely easy to learn and once you know the basics you will pat yourself on the back for choosing such a great program. Its really worth much more than the sale price. And I don't even use the other "half" of the program for images, graphics, and vector objects manipulation and creation. Runs perfect on 10.8.5 Mt. Lion on a 2007 iMac as well as my 2017 iMac on Sierra.
I got this application to make a marketing project. I had to design a magazine cover and make a logo. I was really impressed with the app in the beginning stages of my project when I made my logo. It was very easy to use and my logo turned out great! When I got to the portion where I had to make the magazine cover, it all went downhill. The app started to continuously glitch. I tried multiple times to restart both the app and my Macbook and neither helped the glitching. The paint brush tool and the pencil tool are terrible. You “color” or “trace” in one area and the actual mark is on the other side of the page. After every paint brush or pencil move, you also have to go and click the little mouse button otherwise it will glitch out and you can’t even use the brush or pen for like 10 minutes. I have tried updating the app and that didn’t make an improvement either. Overall, I am very disappointed with this app and WOULD NOT recommend buying it. It’s a complete waste of $30. If you want to deal with constant glitching then great, get the app! It will probs make you very frustrated and disappointed like me though. It’s created many migraines and not a great project. I completely agree with another reviewer who said this app should be renamed “Garbage”!!!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for the report - from the description, it definitely sounds like something unusual is happening (brush strokes should not be drawing offset, for example) Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can look into the issues you're seeing and do our best to help. Thanks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.