AllTrails is your guide to the outdoors! Discover the best hiking, running, and biking trails around the world.
Explore 100,000+ hand-curated trail maps plus reviews and photos crowdsourced from millions of hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners. Find that dog-friendly or kid-friendly trail that you’ve been searching for. Take that mountain biking or backpacking trip you’ve always dreamed of. Explore a national park, or discover new hiking trails in your area.
Whether you’re a hiker, biker or trail runner, AllTrails will help you find the way.
EXPLORE 100,000+ HIKING TRAILS AND MOUNTAIN BIKE ROUTES
• Discover new trails in national parks or in your own neighborhood, with hand-curated GPS and topo maps
• Browse photos and reviews from our community of hikers, cyclists and trail runners like you
• Find a hike, mountain bike ride, or trail run that’s perfect for your fitness and experience level. Filter by dog friendly, kid friendly, and wheelchair friendly trails
RECORD YOUR ADVENTURES
• Turn your phone into a GPS activity tracker and follow your trail so you don’t get lost
• View your hiking, running and cycling stats at a glance
• Share your outdoor adventures with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and more
SAVE YOUR FAVORITE TRAILS
• Explore all the trails on your bucket list and add new ones to check out
• Easily save your favorite trails to run, hike or bike
• Follow the hikers, cyclists and runners that inspire you
EASILY GET TO THE TRAIL
• Get detailed GPS driving directions directly to the trailhead
GET MORE WITH ALLTRAILS PRO
• Download offline maps - track your exact GPS location as you navigate the trail, even when you don’t have a signal
• Never miss a turn with off-route notifications
• Stay safe with Lifeline - assign safety contacts who know your plan and can track your progress
• Know what to expect with real-time map overlays including air quality, satellite weather, pollen, and light pollution
• Always have a backup - design and print stunning custom topo maps
• Experience AllTrails ad-free - remove the distraction of ads and focus on the journey
• 1% for the Planet - feel good knowing that part of your subscription will be going directly to helping the environment
AllTrails Pro is available as an annual subscription for $29.99/year, or you can get three years for the price of two when you buy our 3 Year Plan via a one-time payment of $59.99. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your annual subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period (the 3 Year Plan does not auto-renew). Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
Sign up required to favorite trails, record your activity, or follow users
AllTrails allows you to automatically export information about your recordings to the Apple Health app.
We love hearing from users! Email us here: email@example.com
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
AllTrails is excited to release version 11.1. Search history is here!
We now make it easier to view your recent searches and find the trail you're looking for. A list of recent searches is now displayed when searching for trails.
Additional items in this release:
- Performance improvements to launch time and loading states
- Dark mode support when no trails are found
- UI and grammar improvements for our German users
- 12 hour time support for our UK users
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app with one major flaw
I’ve been using AllTrails for a couple months now and I love it. It is a 5 star app by far, yet that is not my rating for it. There are a few quirks I have with the UI, but they are not worth mentioning as they are minor and do not effect the app use whatsoever.
My only real issue, which caused my 4 star rating (which killed me to do so), is the fact that you CANNOT LAUNCH THE APP WITHOUT A CELLULAR OR WIFI CONNECTION!! It is ridiculous, plain and simple. I am a Pro subscriber to AllTrails. I did this solely so I could download trail maps prior to going in case I lost service on the trail. That feature works beautifully. But let’s say you download your map, head out to your trail, arrive and go to open app to use the map that is already saved on your phone. Guess what?? Unless you have service, you can’t open the app! So it’s essentially useless. The last thing I want to do is have to add “open AllTrails prior to leaving home” to my to do list to get ready.
AllTrails, lets be real for a minute. Hiking, biking, exploring, etc. are all off the grid things! Chances are you won’t have service if you are in a remote location. Fix this issue!! Make an offline version of your app so that paid users who have already downloaded maps can actually use them!
With that said, this is an amazing app that is worthy of 5 stars. It is just failing miserably in one particular area that is critical to its use.
Developer Response ,
Hi there - we're sorry to hear you are having trouble launching the app in low-signal areas. We'd recommend setting your phone to airplane mode to help get the app launched. One you open the app, you can access downloaded maps by tapping Plan then Maps. If you are still running into issues, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help troubleshoot!
Few issues lately. Oct 2018
Removing the check-in was a bad idea. Hiding it in the “...” was worse, didn’t know it was there and my history is now not accurate, and now I have to make up a name for each recording on the fly. Waste of time. Please put check-in back where it belongs, it’s a critical feature, and right map loads with the name of the trail on the saved history.
I also agree with the other user about trail hopping. In New England many trails connect but are listed separately. If you are no longer on the same one you started it appears you are just going rogue on the map. How about auto loading the newly entered trail?
Also being able to edit history would be helpful. There’s been a couple times where I started driving home and forgot to hit pause and save. And why the “pause” button when the trail is complete? It’s a weird way to “finish” or “end hike”.
Big issue with crashing during use lately. Thought I was recording and it had crashed once phone was put away. If I didn’t stop to take a pic early i would have gone pretty far without noticing. Stinks for tracking distance 😐. Overall I do love and use and recommend this app almost daily to find trails and track my history. Can’t live without it but its been acting weird lately.
Never Ending Trails
I love it! I’ve moved to a new town about a year ago and I’ve only ever known my town hiking spots. So to move somewhere new and not know anywhere to go was frustrating! I love bringing my dogs hiking and even better to find spots they can swim or frolick in the water. BUT once I go somewhere I feel accomplished and ready for the next. So to find so many varieties and close by places to hike is amazing! Whatever town I’m in I just look up what’s around. Whenever I’d Google placed to go there was NOTHING. Or very short and disappointing places. This app is great because it will give you direction right in the app instead of trying to Google Maps it yourself. You can map your rout and GPS where you are to ensure you stay on track and don’t get lost. I’m so much more comfortable going alone when I can see where each path leads and about how long it should take me. People also are great at providing pictures and comments of the trails so it is so easy to find. My biggest annoyance is not being able to find the place to begin with! GPS is all good and dandy but sometimes it will just bring you to the location but the location isn’t clarified. So by people uploading their photos let’s you get a visual of what you’re looking for. Overall, the best app!
- AllTrails, Inc.
- 208.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- ©2020 AllTrails, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- AllTrails Pro $29.99
- AllTrails Pro Lifetime $99.99
- AllTrails Pro $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.