The groundbreaking PDF reader that speak aloud. vBookz has a magnifying glass interface indicating your current reading location, the magnifying glass follows the text as the PDF is being read, making the reading experience much more enjoyable and fun.
Read your documents with their original context and rich pictures and various font size. vBookz PDF Voice Reader reads any true text PDF from any source. vBookz PDF Voice Reader use Mac's original OS Text-to-speech voices. The app has a unique stunning interface with a reading speed dial, page navigation and other control functions.
More information at www.vBookz.com
If needed, an OCR process should be made before import.
• Read aloud any PDF file.
• Operate vBookz using it's a stunning controller.
• Select any Mac text-to-speech voices directly from vBookz.
• Follow the magnifying glass while the document is being read.
• Drag the magnifying glass to set a new reading point.
• Plan your reading time using the time-elapsed/time-reaming indicators.
• Adjust the speed of reading.
• Navigate the document using the time line bar.
© vBookz is enabled by patent pending technology.
- We have fixed absolutely everything that has been brought to our attention by our friends!
- If you appreciate all our hard work and enjoy vBookz, please take a few seconds to leave us a review. It's very important to us.
Ratings and Reviews
'Version 1.4 (5)’ is a disaster
I used the previous version of this software extensively. I drive a lot, and make productive use of the time by listening to documents. When this latest release came out, a large percentage of PDF’s I need to read were all of the sudden no longer readable in vBookz. The version available as an option to update to, from the app store recently is 'Version 1.4 (5)’ - now looking at this page that lists the latest version as ‘Version 1.2.2’ makes me wonder even more what’s going on with vBookz. I’m stuck with this ‘1.4 (5)’ and I wish I could revert back to a prior version, whether it be 1.2.2 or whatever actually works. There’s a major problem with the last update: I have several examples of PDF’s that I know for a fact were readable in the last version that now either won’t even open into this version, or if they do it doesn’t read them. I wish I had a backup of the prior version. Now I’m searching for a competitor.
Long Term Member…disapointed with iOS complement
In the past VBooks worked with Ipad, IPhone, and MacOS once purchased. However, now to get past page 1 on a tablet or phone you have to buy a voice—that is already part of IOS??!! Its better to add the doc to a PDF and have the iPhone read it. The voices should be utilized that are “enhanced” with inflection - the list is out of date as is the engine itself. You can highlight almost ANY app on ANY PLATFORM and right click and have it read to you. This company is abusing a feature already included within MacOS/and iOS, and not only that, giving you less inflection, less options, an out of date voice list, and is no longer compatable across platform. The only way I can think of is that the app although it has the same name has different versions as I can “restore purchase” but have less or no use for it on the iOS Platform. Its dissapointing from an App I used daily.
Not a bad app, but reading speed is too slow.
A nice idea and good app with 2 exceptions:
1. The maximum speed for reading is TOO slow. There should no NO limit to reading speed.
2. The controls are too big and obstruct the PDF itself. There should be a way to collapse or hide the controls.
The developer, Mindex International Ltd, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Mindex International Ltd.
- 1.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2018, Mindex International Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.