While waxing nostalgic about my old digital watch, I remembered how much I loved having the passage of time marked by an hourly chime. But then I thought, why should all the chimes be the same? For your pleasure, a simple app that provides unique chimes on the hour, half hour, or quarter hour.
You can choose:
• How often to chime
• Start and stop times
As well as select from a number of distinct tones:
• Speech - a human voice announcing the time.
• Simple beep - for the minimalist.
• Musical chords - for those with perfect pitch.
• Roman numotones - equivalent to roman numerals in audio form. High pitched tones for I, deeper for V, deeper still for X
Minor enhancements, support for iPhone 6.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great when needed!
I keep my phone on silent always, which disables use of this app - but I love that! That way the app is always on in the background and ready to keep me informed when I turn my volume on to track time (meaning I don’t have to open the app every time I need to turn it on). There are only 3 suggestions:
1. Allow an adjustable time selection like every 1, 5, or 7 minutes etc. if someone needs specific timeframe reminders (seriously, sometimes 15 minutes is too long in between reminders, depending on the project at hand)
2. Add a vibration option (not a pop-up notification) just to keep someone reminded that time is passing
3. Create an Apple Watch version with tap reminders (including adjustable timeframe other than every 15 minutes)
I love this app!!
I really love the chime app.
I find that hearing the time spoken is much less stressful than having random beeps or alarms on the hour.
The Chime app stopped working for me a few months ago. Could not figure out why. I finally posted a review to that effect. A week or so later, it started working again. Who knows why? Possibly do you bugging settings elsewhere
But the brief lost and then recovery of this Chime app reminded me how much I enjoy it. I fine having a human voice read the time to me to be much less stressful been having yet another beep on my phone, even if the beeps corresponded to the time. I have far too many beeps on my watch and phone.
I only wish
1) that the Chime app ran on my watch as well as my phone
2) that I could configure it to announce the time at different intervals during the day. As it is now, I have the choice of every hour, every half hour, every 15 minutes, and hourly except two or three minutes before the hour. That's not bad. However, I would love to have the time announced every 15 minutes or half an hour in the morning, While I am getting ready and have a bit of a time rush. Fall back to every hour during the day. And so on.
Great app... Sometimes Too Loud
I really like this app, but unfortunately it is set to maximum volume at ALL times, even if the device volume is set to the minimum. Can you PLEASE make it adjust volume with the device? OR just add a volume slider inside the app so that it remains constant at the user-set volume regardless of device volume.
It would also be really great if it could be set to vibrate (a single, short-tone vibration) when the phone is on vibrate mode. that way we get a chime notification that does not interrupt no-sound situations. And of course, have the option to turn vibrate-chime off independently of device volume.
Other than that, great app... perhaps a voice like Cortana, or Hal 9000, or computerized AI, etc. thanks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.