Tap Metronome is a simple metronome for those who want quick access to a reliable metronome.
- Three ways to choose tempo: tap the speed you want, select from the picker list or type the number (access by tapping on the white tempo on the iPhone).
- Loud beeps: Volume as loud as possible to be audible above music. Visible volume control so you can increase it further.
- Choose the number of beats in the bar (from 1 to 7).
- Visible beat indicator.
- Rotate the view for a Landscape version, so you can put the device on a music stand without covering the speaker.
- Accurate: many of the free metronomes in the App Store are not accurate because they are based on old sample code, and over a number of seconds they get a beat out. This metronome is one of the few which is accurate for hours.
- Add the Metronome as a Today View extension (drag down from the top of the screen).
- On Apple Watch: a simple independent metronome which quietly taps you on the beat. In addition, a Glance, and multiple Complications, allow you to see your current tempo and quickly access the metronome app through them.
- Use 3D Touch Quick Actions to start the metronome at multiple tempos directly from the Home Screen icon.
This app makes sounds even when your device is on silent, so that you can use it in situations where you want other phone functions silenced. To quickly mute the metronome, press the mute icon.
Look out for Tap Metronome Plus, which is ad-free, provides many more sounds, and has a screen flash function.
- Minor bug fix.
- Change of advertising supplier.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Keeps good time. When your watch is facing you it bumps you. When you turn your hand to play guitar it stops. If it continued would be 5*
Works but there are better options.
This is a good regular metronome. It can be really loud and you have a scroll bar for tempos and a few time signature changes. However, I've had it crash a few times and there are adds. There are a few better free metronomes out there, but this one will work.
Most annoying metronome sound ever. And the latency from when you tap to hear the beep is awful;totally messes you up on your beat
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.