*** Apple CarPlay Ready***
This app offers live-streaming breaking-news as it happens, straight from the CBS newsroom. Get up-to-the-minute national and international news broadcasts every half hour, 24 hours a day. You'll also hear the best CBS News features on money, technology, health, politics, and more.
You also have unlimited access to our podcasts from our app, so you can download and listen even if you aren't connected to the Internet. See text headlines and tweets from @CBSNewsRadio.
You'll also now have access to CBS News Radio content through your dashboard using Apple CarPlay.
• An up-to-the-minute newscast from the CBS News Radio newsroom, updated every half hour
• The latest CBS News Radio newscast every time you launch the app
• Breaking News on our 24/7 stream when it happens
• Thought-provoking news and features on the stories that matter to you
• Newscasts, news pieces, features and analysis
• Latest Newscast -- All the world's news in three minutes
• 60 Minutes -- America's #1 news magazine show
• Face the Nation -- Bob Schieffer hosts this weekly political roundtable
• Weekend Roundup -- CBS Radio News' 40-minute news magazine show, a comprehensive look at the week's news
• Runs best on iPhone 5 and later units.
• CarPlay is only available on certain car models. See https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/ for more details.
Find out more about us, at our Facebook page at http://facebook.com/cbsnewsradio, on Twitter at http://twitter.com/cbsnewsradio and at our website http://cbsnewsradio.com.
New updates to presentation
Ratings and Reviews
An Audio Nightmare
This app had the potential to be one of my favorite apps for any mobile device ... however at this time I absolutely cannot stand to listen to this app. CBS apparently has no clue what audio normalization is. Volume issues with this app are a nightmare in my vehicle.
When I did try this app out, I spent a full week trying to see how it would fare as a primary news app while I am on the road as a truck driver. The result was a constant battle with the volume control. Every time the story would change from one narration to the next, I either could not hear the speaker at all or the sound would blow my ears out.
I quickly realized that this was actually causing a major distraction in my driving. With the amount of time I was putting into the volume control, I may as well have been texting and driving or something just as dangerous.
I conclusion, I have decided to ditch this app and go back to another news app to get my news while I drive. I wish I did not have to as the other app spends more time asking for donations than actually delivering news to my ears. But frankly I’d rather put up with that than the terrible audio nightmare that is the CBS News Radio app.
When CBS hires someone who has a clue on audio normalization, I’ll be happy to return to this app.
Good News, Awful App
Awful interface that looks like a website from the late 90s. The app is all over place — sometimes it crashes, sometimes you’ll get an unskippable ad when you open it (though sometimes you won’t). Half the time it crashes when you try to download audio for offline listening.
It’s hard to believe that one of the biggest, most powerful media companies in America has an app this amateurish.
Please get this app into the 21st century and I’ll happily update my review.
This app is horrible. I used to download the World News Roundup podcast every morning before leaving for work. Now apparently the only way to get the podcast is through this app, which crashes almost every time I hit the download button. Other times it will show as downloaded, but then nothing plays back. Did anyone bother to test this before releasing this version? Either fix this app or make the Roundup available again through the Podcast app.
- CBS Mobile
- 82.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © CBS Radio News
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.