Accountant for iPad is the perfect calculator for general everyday use. Use it for adding columns of numbers, invoicing, point-of-sale receipt generation, income taxes, VAT and percentages, and much more.
Save & retrieve important paper tape files for later use. Review & edit numbers, add or delete lines. You can also export paper tape files to iBooks©, DropBox©, Email or your favorite printing utility (see the FAQs).
Accountant for iPad features a full sized (1:1) keypad with TypeTone, a unique audio aid to help guide your finger back to the center of a key.
Try before you buy. Find our 'Accountant Free for iPad' in the App Store.
CPA's and Accountants: Please find 'Adding Machine: 10 Key Calc HD' by Interlocken Technology in the iPad App Store which is a 10-key compliant adding machine with reverse numeric/operator entry to add streams of numbers. See the 1st FAQ below.
● Over 400 consecutive days in the top 200 ranking of the Apple Finance Category
● Ranked in "Top 10 - Finance" in the App Store.
● Strategic Finance (Tools of the Trade): "If you're looking for a professional desk calculator…..check out Interlocken's "Accountant for iPad."
● AppsWild.com: "Whether you're tracking your monthly budget, coming up with an estimate of costs for a project you're working on....this App should be your first choice."
● Review up to 350 lines of your paper tape and fix errors as needed.
● Freely chain + - x / % 1/x √
● TypeTone - a major innovation to aid accurate key entry using audio feedback.
● Full size (1:1) realistic keyboard.
● Export a PDF file to iBooks, Dropbox, Email, or your favorite printing utility.
● Add comments using voice dictation.
● Add, delete and modify lines and recompute results automatically.
● Save paper tapes to disk for later use.
● TAX+/ TAX- keys for VAT calculation
● 3 display formats: fixed, fix+, float
● Comprehensive set of help screens.
● 4 Orientations: Landscape Left/Right + Portrait
● International number formatting (Settings -> General -> International -> Region Format -> select region).
Q1. What is the difference between this App, 'Accountant for iPad', and Interlocken's 'Adding Machine: 10 Key Calc HD' in the iPad App. Store.?
A1. Both calculators are single-column adding devices with full-size (1:1) keyboards and are optimized for the iPad user interface. ‘Accountant for iPad’ supports the free chaining of +, -, x, /, %, √, 1/x and is easier to use. 'Adding Machine: 10 Key Calc HD' uses reverse number/operator the same as a 10 Key Adding Machine, commonly used by CPA's and Accountants.
Q2. Can I touch-type?
A2. 'Accountant for iPad' has several aids for touch-typing: TypeTone variable audio feedback, 1:1 scale keyboard, or, scale and reposition the keyboard to fit your hand best. There is also support for right and left-handers.
Q3. How do I edit an incorrect number or add & delete lines from the paper tape?
A3. Touch any line of the paper tape to go into edit mode. Touch the side controls: Add Line, Delete Line. You can also edit numbers, and split groups. Press Done to return to Calculator mode.
Q5. Tell me about Email, Printing, and Exporting a Paper Tape.
A5. From the Export dialog, select from: Email, Print, Copy or Open-In. Email includes a pdf attachment. Print requires an AirPrint capable printer. Open-In will cause a menu of 3rd party Apps to appear that can receive a hardcopy of your paper tape; for example, iBooks, DropBox, and 3rd party printer Apps for Brother, HP, Epson, Canon and more.
1. Repaired voice dictation for comments in iOS 8 & 9
2. Quickly clear the paper-tape history with a double-tap of the calculator's numeric LCD display.
Ratings and Reviews
Best calculator program I’ve used so far.
Has ability to save all my calculations. Each line can be labeled for quick reference, etc. I’ve been using the program for years and will continue to do so as long as it is supported.
I needed a calculator with the ability to print a paper copy of the tape. This one has that. It is very much like any calculator I have ever used. I would recommend this app to anyone.
Having tried so many calculators over the years, I can say with seasoned confidence this is the best of the lot. Intelligent design, fast and efficient. Totally satisfied customer here.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.