USERS LOVE IT! 5 STARS “The synonyms allow me to quickly suggest more appropriate words to my students and I shall definitely be using the app in class to support my students at all levels. The app works quickly and smoothly...”
WORKS OFFLINE – Learning Spanish or English? We have the most affordable English to Spanish and Spanish to English dictionary app you will find featuring pronunciation in multiple regional voices. Translate between both languages and take advantage of definitions and synonyms for better understanding. Especially useful when dealing with idioms, phrases and conjugations, we made different usages clear so you will always find the term you need.
Simple and user-friendly options enhance your experience: no need to change settings since app automatically detects input language; quickly mark Favorite words, and access your history whenever you review material. You won´t find a better option, paper or electronic. Internet connection needed only for images and spell checker.
• Enabled Search for plurals, feminine forms and verb conjugations.
• Conjugation of Spanish verbs, all persons & tenses. Includes the Spanish VOS conjugation.
• Natural-sounding voices for entries, definitions and examples in both languages (British and American English, European and American Spanish)
• Covers International, European, Latin American and Mexican Spanish. Covers American and British English.
• Words which are spelled identically in both languages are displayed twice in the List, marked with a flag at the side.
• Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words simultaneously in English and Spanish, offering close suggestions.
• Innovative “Scan Function” for conceptual search of idioms and related phrases.
• Over 396,000 entries, 579,000 translations, 505,000 synonyms, 98,000 definitions and 40,000 examples.
• Shake for random word display.
• Search History.
• Mark Favorite Words easily.
• Sync your favorites among your devices with Dropbox
• Choose from 3 different themes for Background color and font.
- Translations, Definitions, Synonyms, Antonyms, Pictures, Examples and Quotes
- Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WM’s “Descriptive Tags”
- Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
- Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc. *
- Color Code icon indicates word usage: Easy, Normal, Difficult or Technical
- Field Classification indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, Domestic, etc. - Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
- Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
- On/Off display of slang, foreign or offensive words. Default ON.
- More than 44,000 color pictures help identify word meanings and context.
In-Apps available through purchase:
• In-App: Usage Examples
• In-App: English Definitions
• In-App: Spanish Definitions
• In-App: Four new premium Spanish voices
• In-App: Phonetic transcription for American and British English. (IPA standards)
• In-App: Phonetic transcription for American Spanish, Caribbean Spanish, River Plate Spanish and Spanish from Spain. (IPA standards)
• Important Note: A translation dictionary typically includes translations only. However, ours include many definitions.
* Minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Handy when traveling without local phone
I can use this handy Dictionary anywhere off-line without Wi-Fi or local phone. It is helpful that it references all expressions using the searched word. I use it multiple times a day when visiting my daughter in Santiago Chile and also used it studying Spanish.
Compact Word Magic
It continually crashes.
Very good app
Very helpful and easy to use
On a par with Larousse
- Word Magic Software Ltda.
- 169.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Word Magic Software Ltda.
- In-App Purchases
- Usage Examples $0.99
- Spanish Definitions $0.99
- English Definitions $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.