With more than 4,500 exercises, iTooch Math Grade 5 is a new and fun way of practicing and learning Math for 5th Graders.
It is, by far, the largest collection of educational activities based on the US National Common Core Standards on the App Store.
Used by more than 4,000,000 users, iTooch apps provide comprehensive learning solutions which help parents, teachers and students to identify and address learning needs in a fun and motivating way.
== ELIGIBLE FOR THE APPLE VOLUME PURCHASE PROGRAM (VPP) FOR EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ==
‣ iTooch 5th Grade Math content can be evaluated before purchase by downloading the iTooch 5th Grade Math FREE App, which provides free access to an extract of the same content.
‣ VPP offers discounts to schools for volume purchases (min. 20 apps)
== UNIQUE SET OF FEATURES ==
‣ A clear, simple and colorful interface to engage children to learn with fun
‣ Speech synthesis to help young users in reading and text comprehension
‣ Multi-player management
‣ Font size adjustment to suit everyone’s needs
‣ An embedded calculator
‣ A virtual blackboard
‣ A lesson summary attached to each chapter
‣ In-app feedback to send suggestions to the author
== PARENTS AND KIDS LOVE OUR APPS ==
‣ "This app has been everything I was looking for. Multiple question types including decimal points and word problems. The ability to test the learning. And here's the kicker: it is so much fun, I had to pull my 5th grader off of it after 2 hours!"
‣ "My son is home schooled plus goes to a charter school. This program makes it easy to supplement his schoolwork without buying a lot of books or printing worksheets. I recommend it for all parents who are committed to their children's education."
== WHAT TEACHERS HAVE SAID ==
‣ "I just downloaded your apps. Wow. They are amazing. I have been using the iPad for over a year in my class and I have to say that this is one if the best apps I have seen in a long time."
‣ "A terrific app that covers a lot of ground concept-wise. This app combines a no-frills approach to content while still providing the user with an exciting learning experience. The mascot is adorable and keeps kids on task with lots of encouragement and there is a lesson summary available when needed."
== OUR APPLICATION CONTAINS ==
‣ 5 themes: Numbers & Operations, Fractions, Measuring and estimating, Graphs and stats and Geometry
‣ 50 chapters per title with lessons, examples, and figures.
‣ 1,590 questions per title with clues and detailed explanations
‣ 545 original pictures
‣ iTooch Math Grade 5 is by far the most comprehensive educative tool on the App Store for students in 5th grade.
Discover our apps for 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 6th Grade, 7th Grade and 8th Grade to practice Language Arts, Math and Science. iTooch apps comply with the US National Common Core standards for K1, K2, K3, K4, K5, K6, K7 and K8.
== CONTACT ==
‣ Facebook: http://facebook.com/itoochapps
‣ Twitter: @itooch
‣ Website: http://edupad.com
Bug fix : speech synthesis is back on track for iOS 9!
Ratings and Reviews
Fun and effective!
After a recent parent teacher conference, our fifth grader tested on the low end of average, but still maintains a straight A grade. Math is the least "fun" subject. It was suggested to spend more time after school working together on the subject. This app has been everything I was looking for. Multiple question types including decimal points and word problems. The ability to test the learning. And here's the kicker, it is so much fun, I had to pull my 5th grader off of it after 2 hours! Can't wait for he next conference to see what results are in store...
Too many wrong answers
I purchased this app to help with a boy that I tutor in math. I was going to recommend that his parents buy it for him to practice over the summer, but before I did, I wanted to try it for myself. I have done about 12 of the levels and already sent 5 emails to the company for errors. One of the being that they called a 4 sided shape a scalene triangle! That just should not be. Testing should catch things like that. Also, in the testing mode there appears to be some sort of a bug where you get a squealing noise and everything but the test timer freezes on you. If you are a kid taking a timed test and that happens it would be far too frustrating. At this point I would only say this works if you are working with someone who knows the right answer, since there are obviously many mistakes with the program itself. I will use this with the boy I work with, but there is no way I would recommend anyone who is needing to learn use it on their own. They are likely to learn the wrong answers. What a bummer!
A little rough
I just loaded the app and tried out the fraction area...in converting an improper fraction 50/6 to a mixed number, the program would not accept the simplified fractional part (1/3) as a correct answer. I also felt that some of the explanations leave a bit of confusion rather than clarify. As these (and probably more) problems with the app are refined, I can see that this could really be of some independent and classroom value. I teach math to bright kids in elementary school and the vast majority do not learn like this. An adult is necessary to help students make sense of the rather adult-like explanations. I would love some ability to clarify some items and add my own stuff to make it work with my students.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.