67 % OFF SALE - TODAY: August 19-31, 2017
***** Developed by an award-winning education studio, 22learn, the creator of the best-selling Abby Basic Skills app, in cooperation with educational specialists.
***** A title from our extremely successful Abby series -- all TWELVE (!) RANKED #1 APP FOR KIDS on APP Store in many countries.
Monkey Abby keeps coming back! As always, with many new tricks and lots of fun. Today, she teaches you words from more than *seven thematic categories!* Come and explore with Abby all the colorful words from the exciting world of Numbers (10 words), Common Words (66 words), Colors (11 words), Fairy Tales (13 words), Shapes (12 words), Animals (30 words), and Fruits & Vegetables (12 words)! All in all, 154 words in just one app -- yes, you read correctly! *
With many unique modification options, your children are bound to find this app both educational and enjoyable. Two game modes offer variety, and settings options offer an ideal way to make thip app tailored to your children needs (whether they already know some words or are just beginning to learn them).
In the game mode, your task is to match all the picture icons of the words to their written names. The game has three rounds. To keep children motivated, the best score is calculated at the end of the game, so that children can aim for their better and better scores to be saved in their personal Hall of Fame.
Thanks to the modifications, this game can be transformed both to an easy matching game for small children (where children familiarize themselves with the written form of the word by visually looking up two same words and matching them) and an ultimate reading challenge when children have to match the picture to its letter notation.
Here, the task is to learn to compose the word from letters.
This is also where the well-loved monkey Abby comes on stage! Abby is a fun monkey who loves to praise children. Children will love her creative ways and will always be wondering whether she arrives with her car or downright emerges from the underground! This time, because of numerous wishes, we also added Abby the Skater!
Thanks to a wide range of modification, this app is one of those, which will grow with your child. Let's look together on how you can adjust this app to suit just your child!
* As noted above, the game mode can be accommodated to either matching mode for very small children or to a reading mode (labeling of the pictures-to-be-matched is turned off) for those who are slightly more advanced.
* For convenience, you can choose whether the letter sounds are going to be read aloud in the learning mode when the letters are manipulated.
* The same way, you can choose whether you prefer lower/upper case letters or if you want the words to be capitalized.
* In order to make the game age-appropriate, you can also turn on the letter hints, which will make the word composition game in the learning mode essentially a letters matching game.
* Moreover, you can modify the length of the longest word appearing in the application.
* The words can either appear in a random or alphabetical order -- an alphabetical order can be better for learning, while a random order for testing of already acquired knowledge.
* An option to be learning the words from all of the categories at once (All words option) or just from a few selected categories is also included (My Words option)
Based on our twenty-year old experience in the design of fun educational tools, we made considerable effort that this app is as appropriate and easy-to-use for this very special age category as possible.
Based on the requests from educational professionals, we added new spoken instructions and we modified learning section. Further, we modified word categories (for example we added new cute animals). Customize your game! Choose which words you want your child to learn in the Settings.
Ratings and Reviews
Good Learning App
My little ones love this app. Thanks.
Such a great app for children learning their words!
I thought this app would be great for my kids as the two of them are beginning to be able to read and pronounce different words. Once my children chose their avatars, we were greeted with a vibrant colored screen that offered many different subjects that my kids can associate with such as fruits and veggies, colors, animals and much more! We all took the time to pronounce each letter that makes up the entire word. The different lengths in words always keep my kids on their toes from learning short easier words to longer more difficult words keeping their minds fresh and open to learning. I highly recommend this app to all my family and friends! You won’t be disappointed!
We keep coming back for more Abby! I'm loving all the options to customize for difficulty and learning level. This app has great potential for extended use, and to grow with my boy as he learns more. I'm very happy with the wide range of words, the cute graphics and animations, and how smooth the app runs. Thanks for another great game/learning app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.