CG Transit offers offline trip planning in public transport systems of more than 20 U.S. and Canadian cities and European trains.
Just pick your departure and destination point and get a list of suggested routes including all the transfers and scheduled departure/arrival times sorted by the time of departure. You can then view detailed information of the routes, display them on the map etc.
• Fast offline searching
• Search routes by map
• Advanced search parameters - changing the date and time, adding "via" stations, choosing transport modes, etc.
• Favorite routes
• Push notifications of schedule updates and their immediate download
• Selected transit authorities in the United States: New York (subway, buses, trains), Chicago, Los Angeles, Houston, Washington, San Francisco, Dallas, Denver, Minneapolis, Portland, Honolulu, Boston, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh
• Selected transit authorities in Canada: Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Quebec, Winnipeg
• Train timetables in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Benelux, Austria, the Czech and Slovak Republic, Portugal, Switzerland, Hungary, Nordic and Balkan countries
• Selected public transport, bus and train timetables in the Czech and Slovak Republic
U.S. and Canadian cities – free basic features (offline searching, search routes by map), paid premium features (more details, routes and stops searching, no advertisement)
European schedules - an annual license fee (one month to try out all the timetables for free)
Feedback, requests? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Improved iPhone X, Xr and Xs support
• Ability to change font size in app settings
New features in 4.2.0:
• Redesigned route, trip and place detail screens
• Route notifications - don't miss a bus anymore
• Dynamic fonts
• Better Accessibility
• Faster searching using Spotlight Search
and much more..
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Really good point to point navigation
This app actually surprised me as I thought it would be more stripped down. I mainly got it for the SEPTA info but it includes several major us cities. This review is for septa and NYC as I haven't tried the others.
The main benefit of this app is as a navigation tool helping you get from point a to b under different transit routes. You will need to get another app for route specific info.
You do not need location services active which is great! However you need cell service or wifi to initially download the info. Each city must be downloaded separately but max takes two minutes it seems.
Once downloaded you can use the app in airplane mode which is a major deal for me. While its not perfect it will get you to your destination.
Four issues: 1) there are no maps but that may make the app bigger. Still maps are very nice to have for each system. 2) it did miss out on a bus route in Philly but found alternatives. 3) this app does not include service alerts 4) the in app instructions are good but still takes some getting used to to navigate.
Those aside: it did a good job at figuring out routes in both cities and includes ALL septa services, which no free app on the app store offers. I would give 4.5 stars but could not. Again no map or service alerts but at least if I want to figure out how to get somewhere and approximate times I now have one app instead of three.
This app does not update the routes as they go out of service.
Using this app will get you lost or stranded in one the biggest cities in the world.
Plenty of other public transit apps to use in NY (5 other apps).
Do not get hustled into paying for this app, there will be plenty of other praying on you as a tourist. You don’t need the extra risk or frustration.
Avoid this app for your own safety.
Wanted to take family to Bronx zoo on 7Ave express.
To our surprise 7 stops on this route we’re out of service (including our stop). This app directed me specifically to this route.
The stations were not closed unexpectedly, either. Scheduled maintenance.
We got dumped off in the hood. (The real hood in the Bronx.) with my fiancé, 17 year old daughter and her friend.
Very dangerous situation that could be avoided if you do not use this app.
30 day trial?
This app sounds great, but after 30 days, San Francisco Database packs cost $9.99? I'd pay $9.99 if all the offline data was included.
- Zbynek Riha
- 24.7 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Slovak
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Circlegate
- In-App Purchases
- Denver - RTD $9.99
- City timetable $1.99
- Chicago - CTA Premium for 1 year $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.