RoadAhead™ organizes the world by exit. Why search around you, when you want to know what's Ahead?
RoadAhead searches the exits ahead for gas, food, lodging, landmarks, and many more categories - with ratings, prices, cuisine, distance from exit, and other helpful info.
Here’s what the media has been saying about RoadAhead:
• "Because we don't double back, kids. If you wanted to go to Burger King, you should have told me 30 miles ago." - Rafe Needleman, cnet - RoadAhead: Savior of the long-distance driver?
• "What if you could compare the gas prices of the stations at the next exit, versus those 30 miles down the road? What if you could make sure you never drove past another doughnut shop with a five-star rating on Yelp?" - Scott Kirsner, Globe Columnist, Innovation Economy RoadAhead, organizes the world by exit
• "RoadAhead is not your typical location-based app that simply tells you the amenities around you..." Best App: Find What's off the Next Highway Exit
• “One of the joys of writing for TUAW is being able to devote some time to finding apps that are unique and make life easier for our readers.” Mel Martin, TUAW RoadAhead is a different and clever nav app
• “Have you ever stopped off the highway for a quick caffeine jolt -- and then wanted to toss the bitter-tasting brew out the window as you whiz by a Starbucks five minutes down the road?” Automotive App of the Week: RoadAhead
• "..but if your question is, 'Where am I going?,' look to RoadAhead for answers.", Seth Kugel, NY Times Travel Section
Unlike other travel apps, RoadAhead organizes the world by upcoming exits:
• locates you and shows the upcoming exits - for most highways in the US
• shows what's ahead, and doesn't bother you with stuff behind or around you
• optimizes your pit stop with multiple services - gas AND food AND groceries - unlike other apps that can only search one category
• shows merchants in an easy to read list or map, with ratings, prices and distance/direction from exit
• let's you plan ahead - just select the highway and initial exit to search
Please note that RoadAhead is designed to work on limited access highways, e.g. highways with exits - interstates, US highways, state routes, and beltways. If you are not on a highway, RoadAhead can search Around your current location.
One last, important thing - USING YOUR PHONE WHILE DRIVING IS A BAD IDEA (and in some states illegal). Hand your phone to your passenger and ask them to navigate. Please use good judgment when using your phone in the car.
Please join the RoadAhead community on facebook to give us feedback, learn about updates, and get help.
Updated for iOS13
New UI now supports dark mode
Misc bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It has been very helpful for me both when I’m looking for something in my home area of Phoenix and when out of town. There isn’t anyway I could know what is around our area of millions of people. Time saver and find many new things I use over and over now. When out of area it is even more helpful. I recommend it!
Saved me from running out of gas en route from DC to Boston!! Found a great sandwich shop and a nice park to walk my dog as well (all within a few minutes of my route) Amazing innovation. Excited to see what comes out of RoadAhead Labs in the future; the new update is sleek!!! Keep rocking on 👍
I love this app, but I deleted it a long time ago because it wasn’t being updated. After stumbling on it again, I’m happy see it’s active again. Thanks for the updates! I hope they continue!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.