Slant: #1 in "Best Text to Speech Software" lists for Mac, Windows, and iOS
EdTech Digest: "Best Special Needs Solution of 2017"
Listen to documents, news, books, etc. Capti will improve your productivity and make your reading more enjoyable. A great tool for students, language learners, commuters, busy professionals, retirees, people with dyslexia or other learning disabilities, and many more. Capti is your literacy and reading support tool.
APP STORE TESTIMONIALS:
"An awesome program for educators and students!! My students are truly enjoying the program and are more willing to read challenging text." - Cre8tive Kay
"I'm used to Voice Dream, but I really like that I can switch between devices with this." - Lucky_day
"I have waited for an app to easily read articles and bookshare content. I have become a casual reader and love the ability to log articles and read them later on. All from a single app!" - chadcoe20
"A must have for parents" - Garrets24601
"This will change the way I travel" - Detroitmakeovers
GET IN TOUCH
* If you are a teacher, a school administrator, or other faculty, contact us about using Capti in your school: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Send suggestions and bug reports to email@example.com
* Text to Speech: Listen to any text hands-free and eyes-free
* Switch seamlessly between your devices (works on Mac, PC, iOS, and in a browser).
* Save books, documents and web articles for later and access them offline
* Customize text color and fonts
* Support for print disabilities: vision (VoiceOver), dyslexia (special font), etc.
* Skip to the next/previous sentence, paragraph, heading, page, bookmark, etc.
PREMIUM PLAN BENEFITS
* PDF is displayed with images, fonts, colors, and layout, exactly as the author intended. DOC and ePub files are displayed with images.
* Lookup word translation and definition that are (part of speech is auto detected)
* Stay organized by saving tracks into separate playlists.
* Easy access to Bookshare (500K+ titles), Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud Drive, Pocket, Instapaper, Project Gutenberg (50K+ free titles).
* Easy access to browsers on iOS (share to Capti or use the built-in browser), and on Windows, Mac, Linux (Chrome browser extension, bookmarklet).
* Copy-paste via clipboard
* Share from other apps
* Email attachments
* Other Capti users (AirDrop)
PDF, DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, RTF, TXT, EPUB, ODT, ODP, ZIP, HTML, HTM
"…a wonderful, free tool for listening to web content while driving, biking, exercising - whatever." - Doug Bardwell, Examiner.com
"…godsend for busy multitaskers. " - Gregory Zeller, Long Island Business News
CAPTI SPEAKS IN
Arabic, Dutch, Czech, Danish, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Norwegian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
PREMIUM PLAN SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS
* Available plans: free limited-time trial, $1.99 per month, or $9.99 for 6 months
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* Depending on your plan, your Account will be charged $1.99 or $9.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
* No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription
* Terms of Service: https://www.captivoice.com/capti-site/public/entry/terms_of_service
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
New version works but a bit buggy
There is one issue with the current version. Sometimes it jumps backwards and repeats some section over and over.
This problem is related to network connection. Once connected, it jumps backward. It seems something is wrong with the sync module...
Another issue is that, loading a book requires network connection, because it defaults to uploading the book to website. This feature should be optional.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, I'm sorry you're having issues with Capti. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to report the problem and we'll begin looking into it!
Simple and convenient - helps me read on a busy schedule
I’ve been using Capti for a few years now, and have used all methods for adding content. I find that copying the url is usually easiest unless there’s a lot of extraneous text at the top or bottom and then I just copy the text I want to be read and paste into Capti.
I don’t have a lot of time to sit and read articles so it’s nice to load up a playlists for listening while driving, washing dishes, whatever. It’s awesome! I have even loaded up online books from free-book website (like the Chinese light novels that my teen son got me into.) With some books I have to copy multiple urls so that takes a bit of trial and error depending how the book’s pages are set up, but I can load one playlist with all of the pages or chapters in a book pretty quickly and then the book will be read seamlessly from the playlist.
Honestly the only thing better would be an app that just reads the page you’re on (not sure that exists for iOS.) 😁👍
Almost perfect app
I like this app a lot. I tried a few other apps that do text to speech. This one almost has everything that I am looking for.
1. It allows for browser loading and pulling the text into the reading queue. The addition to the queue log is pretty fast. I am amazed how easy and fast it is.
2. It will keep reading through the queue and doesn’t require prompting. This is great for when I am reading a book late at night and falling asleep to the monotonous voice, I don’t sudden get jolted out of my slumber due to the sudden change. tip: If you put your phone on silent, it will vibrate when it moves to the next article. You would have to turn off the vibrate while on silent to make it stop vibrating.
Things that could be improved are:
1. The voice - you can not change the pitch and other attributes to improve on the voice. Also, there are many system voices but you are limited to just the handfuls and you have to buy from a specific list in order to get other voices in the app. I wish I could add the customized voice that I want.
2. You can not select where to start again. You have to go according to the app’s progress or page separation.
Thanks for making this app, developers!!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Charmtech Labs LLC
- 92.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2011 Charmtech Labs LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Plan $2.99
- Premium Plan $14.99
- Salli $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.