Best Mobile Game of E3 ‹ GamePro
Best Mobile Game of E3 Finalist ‹ IGN
Best Mobile/Handheld Game of E3 Nominee ‹ Game Critics Awards
Blurring the lines between games and interactive art, Contre Jour welcomes you to a hauntingly beautiful world shaped by the interplay of light and darkness.
Use your finger to morph the landscape, propelling the mysterious creature Petit to safety. Pull, swipe, and tap gadgets such as tendrils, air geysers, and pulleys to complete clever puzzles. Set to a poignant orchestrated soundtrack from composer David Ari Leon, Contre Jour both delights and bedevils from start to finish.
"Contre Jour…seems like the complete package. It has challenging physics-based puzzles, a unique gameplay hook, beautiful graphics, and an eerie soundtrack. Keep a gigantic, rolling eyeball out for this game…” — Slide To Play
“I'm totally loving the look and feel of this one.” — TouchArcade
“It's a seriously gorgeous and addictive game, and I can't wait for it to come out.” — IGN
“The star of [E3] was Contre Jour, a darkly-weird platformer where you manipulate the ground around you.” — GamePro
Contre Jour Highlights
• 5 chapters featuring 100 unique levels, as well as 300 collectable lights, will have you playing for hours and hours.
• Use extremely intuitive controls to change the environment around you.
• 12 different interactive elements to master; portals, slingshots, tentacles, blowers and more.
• Stunning visual style places Contre Jour in a league of it’s own – simply one of the most beautiful games of the year.
• Rich, organic and original soundtrack by David Ari Leon perfectly matches Petit’s journey. Get some headphones and lose yourself in the world of Contre Jour.
• Unlock a variety of achievements as you play, can you find them all?
Various bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Named for an artistic photographic technique and inspired by the book The Little Prince, this physics-based puzzler is anything but gaming as usual. Tap and drag on the dreamlike terrain of a twilight fantasyland to roll, swing, and teleport an expressive one-eyed creature to safety. Fight gravity, overcome barriers, and evade traps on a journey full of gentle exploration and brain-teasing challenges. Accompanied by an elegant soundtrack and full of otherworldly charm, it’s an offbeat, deeply immersive experience that anyone can pick up and get lost in.
Beautiful brain candy
The music, simple black and white colors, and the simple yet critical thinking game all come together for a great and beautiful game. I'm surprised it isn't more popular. It's definitely worth the 99 cents.
This game never got the recognition it deserved... if it did, they would have likely made many expansions like Cut the Rope. This game is very much on par, and better in many ways.
The developer, Maksym Hryniv, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Maksym Hryniv
- 58.1 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © Mokus
- In-App Purchases
- Early Unlock - Chapter 5 $0.99
- Early Unlock - Chapter 4 $0.99
- Early Unlock - Chapter 3 $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.