Love the nostalgic look of those old silent movies? It’s never been easier to create your own...instantly on your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad with Silent Film Studio. Right down to static, celluloid dirt and scratches and that old-time film look.
Everything you need is right at your fingertips - no computer needed. It's simple to use, deceptively powerful, and loads of fun to play with. Create fantastically cool movies your friends will enjoy or share it with the world on Youtube, Facebook or anywhere else.
Quick and Easy to Get Started: Add video, music and title cards
• Select videos from your library, or record a video and add it to your project
• Choose from 10 different theme soundtracks or select music from your own song library
• Adjust the volume of any sound track using the volume slider
Silent Movie helps you create amazing movies with unique, easy-to-master features
• Automatically transport your movie back in time with a variety of old-timey effects
• Add and edit title cards
• Drag and drop video clips and title cards to arrange the scenes of your movie
• Integrated video editor to trim the length of any clip
• The Red Curtain™ function simulates the feel of a real cinema environment
• Watch in landscape or portrait mode
Cleverly designed themes add just the right nostalgic touch
• Choose from a selection of 10 unique custom themes
• Change theme and title cards, and they’re instantly updated
Share your movie on the web and in your home
• Built-in movies gallery
• Publish directly to YouTube and Facebook
• Send your movie to your Camera Roll
• Use AirPlay to stream directly to your TV
• Transfer your movies to your computer
• Selectable export quality, all the way up to HD resolution
Bug fixes and various tweaks.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Almost totally awesome
I thought it would be cool to make a Silent Film for something I was trying to promote during a staff meeting. I tried it out and tested it with a few glitches. Nothing major. Then I created my movie. No problems! Until I tried to edit a movie clip within the app. It wouldn’t work (edit it elsewhere then import it in already edited). It’s as though my movie is now corrupted as I can’t add any clips to it now and the “edited” one already in there won’t play. I think I need to start all over again 😢
Great concept, very effective, fun, just some big glitches. I’d give it 3 stars but if you aren’t editing it within the app it probably will work fine.
Great for 4th graders’ school project
I’ve been using this app for several years. Each year all the 4th grades in the school (175 ish) are devided up into groups of 6-8. After learning a bit about the history of film making the kids write, storyboard, direct and edit their own films. I like using silent films because the kids don’t have to write dialogue (we get just 12 one hour class periods) can focus on visually telling the story. The app is simple to use, gives the film a little bit of an “old fashioned” look (which they like) and the “footage” loads easily into our school wide google drive where they can edit.
I love this app! As a very strong vintage fanatic, it does remain very accurate to silent films. Although, I would call this more Edwardian than twenties, but really that’s just me nitpicking. The reason I’m giving it four stars instead of five, is because I wish the filter used on the videos you make was available to use without taking away the sound and speeding it up. But overall, great app.
- CATEATER, LLC
- 45.8 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © CATEATER, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.