The complete Encyclopaedia Britannica - the world’s most trusted knowledge source, enhanced for your iPhone and iPad.
“Especially for students, or anyone who values what Britannica has to offer, I found the new Britannica iPad app to be a pleasing, easy way to navigate through a large body of knowledge.”
- Walt Mossberg, All Things Digital
*Search & Browse:
Over 100,000 articles – expertly written and thoroughly fact-checked – on everything from Astronomy to Zebras. Our contributors include more than a hundred Nobel laureates, five presidents of the United States, countless Pulitzer Prize winners, and many others of international renown.
Photographs, maps, charts, and graphs bring each topic to life.
*Test Your Knowledge with Quizzes:
Our app now features our popular quizzes testing your knowledge on history, pop-culture, literature, science, and more!
“LinkMap” lets you explore each article with a dynamic view of related topics.
“My Britannica” keeps track of your favorite articles and more.
Free to download. Over 65,000 articles are available for free and users can get access to 100% of the content in an ad-free experience for a $14.99 annual subscription.
- Length of subscription: 1 Year
- Price of subscription: $14.99
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
-Minor usability updates
Ratings and Reviews
The price of knowledge
Shame education and knowledge costs money. I understand there’s tons of work and upkeep and maintenance expenses yet, those free knowledge bases supply the usual information at a cost of being edited by omission, one sided views etc etc.
as a big fan of those old thick hardcover shelf books, of which as a child i would peruse daily through, online isn’t that great of a desire. As curiosity of statue’s and other art gets erased from a young minds view, the books no longer collected , unavailable and dismissed due to online ventures such as social media, games and chatting with strangers, encyclopedias give way to a choice, an hurried, short learning curve, dumbed down populace. The sharing and influence imbued among actual People, other then the criminal minds has long ago become a cloudy opaque afterthought. Best regards Britannica , thank you for the adventures around the world many decades ago.
Im still traveling in my imagination. For free.
Just one note…
I love having access to the Encyclopedia Brittanica on my phone, and the price is very reasonable; but there is one feature that I feel is sorely missing: bookmarking. There are some articles that are so long that I don’t want to read through them in one sitting, and having to go and find the page that I left off on every time I close the app is tedious. I know I can add whole articles to my favorites and that is useful, but it would be nice to be able bookmark individual pages as well. Other than that, I think it’s great that I have such easy access to so much knowledge!
It is really nice
I have used the encyclopedia Britannica books and before I read the books i used Wikipedia, until my teacher told me that Wikipedia can be edited by people and you don’t even need an account, so after that are used the complete set of Britannica that I bought the books from eBay there from 2004 and I did attempt to read all the books ALL 32 books and I use them for studying for school, but when I’m on the go I actually use this the encyclopedia Britannica app I really love it it’s actually better than Wikipedia, i would use it like Google but I won’t delete Google for this app but I give it a five star rating.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc
- 137.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Encyclopædia Britannica Content $1.99
- Encyclopædia Britannica Content $14.99