Plan your perfect vegetable, herb and fruit garden on your iPad or iPhone with Garden Plan Pro – Your Garden in Your Hands. Garden Plan Pro combines expert plant knowledge with simple-to use tools.
● FLEXIBLE GARDEN DESIGN - works with any shape of garden, raised beds, rows or containers
● VEGETABLES, HERBS AND FRUIT - add single plants, rows, blocks or SFG squares and instantly see how many plants fit. Easily rearrange them until you get the perfect layout.
● FULL GROWING INFORMATION for over 190 plants with thousands of varieties from popular suppliers pre-loaded (varieties currently available for US, Canada, UK, Ireland, EU and South Africa only. Please note that this app doesn't cater for ornamental flower gardening.)
● INTELLIGENT ADVICE– shows you how to rotate crops, plan succession planting and much more
● ADAPTS TO YOUR AREA – using our database of thousands of weather stations Garden Plan Pro will recommend the best planting and harvesting dates for your area
● PLANTING REMINDERS – includes a free online services that emails you twice a month with a personal list of what to plant from your plans and location
● BONUS CONTENT – includes articles that help you plan, start seeds, avoid pests and produce a bountiful harvest.
● PRIORITY SUPPORT – personal support by email to help you get the most from the app
● Garden objects such as sheds and greenhouses to add to your plans
● Journal and ‘to do’ functions to help you track and plan what is done in the garden
● Pest and disease database
● Much more...
This new version improves the experience on iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max and Xr. It also includes a number of small fixes, an updated App Icon and the first changes on the path to a redesigned interface.
Ratings and Reviews
Not worth $8
I have been searching for the perfect gardening app - something that would let me lay out my vegetable plans (and the many varieties of each crop) and track their growth/feedings/harvest. I downloaded a ton of free ones without luck. In addition to being recommended by iTunes, Garden Plan Pro was promoted by a bunch of mediocre gardening sites. I thought it must be worth it. Uh no. In terms of laying out VEGETABLES, it’s about 5% better than the free ones. And beyond a “note taking” ability, there is no way to track anything about my plants - not even the date I planted them! Also, while I realize this isn’t a flower gardening app (nor am I a flower gardener,) the reality is that there are flowers and other growing things in my garden! While I was able to use the “small tree” option to create a custom variation for my Japanese Cutleaf Maple, there was no way for me to customize the plant’s data or needs - it’s just the same recommendations for all small trees. Le sigh.
This would be a wonderful free app - it would probably have 5 stars and perhaps the developers could develop some sort of freemium model to capture some revenue. However, for $8, I expect a wonderful, fully functioning app that is simple to use with a variety of functions that are helpful to me. Maybe I would pay $1 or even $2 for this, but honestly, after putting hours into it, I’m just really mad that I spent more than the price of. Subway footlong for an app that’s best feature (garden mapping) required me to measure and hand-draw a diagram of my garden so that I could accurately enter it into the app. Uh, at that point, I could literally just draw my plan myself...
Also, the companion plant lists are really sparse and just tell you things you probably already know. Frustratingly, they also demonstrate that they do not understand plant families, clumping things into miscellaneous which should definitely be rotated. Don’t make the same mistake I did - just draw a diagram yourself and then use excel or something like it to track data. Excel has an app after all. Uh I wish I could redirect that $8 into buying myself some lunch!!
Great! Most of the time....
This app is making my organic raised beds much much easier to track in many aspects. The visual side works very well and the ability to create your own plant is wonderful, especially since I seed save. There are two things that annoy me however. It should be noted that I am using this app on an iPad Mini. ONE: since creating my main garden plot, the app, upon the first attempt to open it, crashes almost every time now. I will say that it does open most of the time the second time I attempt to open it. TWO: there is a wonderful little Plants/Text tab that is used constantly. However, when I want to place planning notes within the text pop-up area, obviously my keyboard pops up at the bottom of the screen, and it does so right over the text area that I'm attempting to type in. I will say for the first dozen or so lines of text it's not a problem, but after that I'm typing blind. I've played with this a bit and of yet have not found a way to scroll the text box so I can actually see the area I'm typing in. Frustrating.
It would be very helpful if there was an area to put in soil amendments in addition to the text area. There is a lot that goes into this and I would like to keep it separate from my general garden notes area.
Keep improving this product. You're headed in the right direction.
Bravo to the developers! Really powerful app - a little bit of a learning curve, but as you get deeper into it, you discover it has some amazing features. At this point, it's my go-to garden planner, after trying several others. Some suggestions for the future: I LOVE the whole-garden plant list, but I'd also like to be able to select a bed and get a plant list of just what's planted in that bed. Also, in SFG mode, I'd like to be able to switch between the number of plants per sq. foot and the plant labels. Finally, please add Ferry-Morse seeds and expand the Burpee seeds collection - I have a lot of seeds from both companies and end up adding them manually. I can't give it 5 stars yet because it can be glitchy - had a few scares with the whole view disappearing, or got annoyed when selecting and copying plants did weird stuff - but nothing that wasn't fixed by closing the app, deleting the restart icon below, and reopening. But really a super, super app - for a visual person like myself, this makes garden planning a real joy!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.