Introducing MAX GO®. The streaming service from Cinemax®. Instantly access over 400 of the biggest Hollywood hit movies, and indie favorites – now available on iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch!
Get Moving. Get MAX GO.
It’s free with your Cinemax subscription through participating television providers
With the New MAX GO App You Can:
• Let loose and kick back with unlimited access to hundreds of Hollywood hit movies, indie favorites and more. It’s free for Cinemax subscribers.
• Make it personal. Create a customized Watchlist and see all the Cinemax movies you love – whenever, wherever!
• Stream the best of Cinemax from your favorite Apple device directly to your TV with MAX GO and AirPlay.*
• Set a Series Pass® to automatically send new episodes of the new Cinemax original series Strike Back to your Watchlist.
• Max on the move. With MAX GO on your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod Touch®, catch every action-packed moment of your favorite Cinemax movies, wherever you are.
• Keep the conversation going and share updates about your favorite Cinemax hits on Facebook or Twitter.
• New titles are added every week, so there is always something new and exciting to watch.
• Plus, with Max Uncut, go behind the scenes and get the real, uncensored stories from the biggest Hollywood stars.
MAX GO® is only accessible in the US and certain US territories. Minimum 3G connection is required for viewing on mobile devices. Some restrictions may apply. ©2019 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved. Cinemax® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc. iPad®, iPod® and iPhone® are trademarks of Apple Inc.
*AirPlay will work for Apple devices running iOS 6 and Apple TVs running software update 5.1.1 or later.
We redesigned our app, making it easier to find, browse, and watch Cinemax shows and movies. Check out the Home, Search & Browse, and Profile icons.
Ratings and Reviews
Still no streaming capability 👎🏼
I enjoy the app and was excited that it finally updated. I thought for sure I would be able to connect to my chromecast and watch from the app but no... So very disappointing. It seems that you are still behind HBO and Showtime in this arena as both allow connectivity through streaming content. Well... maybe when the next update is released in 5 years we'll have this luxury.
Needed a title...
I saw a rating less than 2 stars and I expected such a messy app. I’m able to watch movies, exit, open other apps, force quit MaxGo, and it’s even got a banner at the top that’s saved my progress and i can restart the movie I was watching.
You can tap the thumbnail to launch directly into the movie, or tap the title below the thumbnail to get the synopsis, cast, running time; you can preview or add to your watchlist.
Video controls are about as simple as you can get. Play/pause, forward 10 seconds, back 10 seconds, closed captions, full/wide screen, and the airplay function I have not tested yet (review will be updated when I do).
Only streaming app I know that can’t cast
Come on guys! Get with the times! It’s not like you’re working on a super tight budget and can’t make this app compatible to cast like the dozens of others I have (including HBO). Sure I could cast to my TV if I had an Apple TV but I don’t. I have a Vizio and haven’t had a bit of trouble using SmartCast with all my other streaming apps but the fact that I can’t do that with this one makes it not worth the while. It’s a shame too, because there’s a great selection of movies but I really don’t want to do watch them on a 4 inch phone screen when I have a 54 inch television. I’m going to cancel this subscription until they get it together and make this app one that works like my dozens of others, and I regret that I spent the money on it in the first place. I’m definitely a very disappointed customer.
- Home Box Office Inc.
- 37.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © 2019 Home Box Office, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.