Are you pursing an Instrument Rating for Helicopter? RideReady will help make you confident and ready for your FAA HELICOPTER IFR Practical Test / Checkride (that combination of flight test and oral quizzing when you will have to go through to receive your Instrument Rating) and allow you to impress the examiner with your knowledge of relevant knowledge areas as per the Practical Test Standards and current FAA practices and recommendations.
This app will prepare you for your FAA CFI-Helicopter practical test. Topics include: Helicopter Aerodynamics, weather, IFR charts including rotorcraft specific approach and maneuver charts, IFR maneuvers, regulations, systems, instrument interpretation, and much more.
Additionally, this app covers IFR-related knowledge areas of relevance to those pursuing the CFI-Instrument-Helicopter rating.
RideReady features more questions than oral exam prep booklets thus helping you be more prepared for a wide variety of realistic questions. Additionally, RideReady's content is also more illustrated and our explanations more detailed to really help you understand the material.
Our RideReady app can offer you speed, power, availability, and flexibility that no book or DVD can. For example, you can tell RideReady which aircraft you fly (from a list of common training aircraft) and RideReady will ask you questions on its systems and operations - just like a real examiner will. Remember: while books are out of date from the moment they're printed, updates are FREE FOR LIFE, meaning that you can get the most up to date quickly and easily through the built-in update mechanism.
Please note that after downloading this app, the app will need to check for updated data from our servers.
RideReady is the smart pilot's secret to checkride success!
* Realistic Checkride Questions - Hundreds upon hundreds of realistic memory, analysis, and scenario type questions taken from practical test exit interviews, key FAA documents, and the combined experience of our editorial team of pilot examiners and flight instructors.
* Unlimited Study and Practice - At your own pace, on your own schedule
* Free Lifetime Updates. Get acquainted with the material weeks or months before your checkride, study hard in the days leading up to it, and then brush up years afterwards.
* Hundreds of Charts and Figures - Illustrate key points and help you learn
* Current and valid for right now - As soon as you purchase and install this app, use the built-in update feature to get the latest and greatest content that we offer in mere moments. We regularly update the content to keep up with changes in practical test standards, FAA emphasis areas, and aviation technology.
* Thousands of Success Stories - Every year, thousands of pilots use RideReady to learn or brush up the material to make them confident and ready to pass their FAA checkrides. We invite you to be next!
Make sure you are looking at the right app for you!
* This is FAA Practical Test (checkride oral exam) preparation for HELICOPTER PILOTS.
* This is NOT FAA written (knowledge) test preparation. If you want FAA written (knowledge) test preparation, check out our GroundSchool FAA line of products. Many pilots buy both RideReady and our GroundSchool-FAA apps as they work well together.
* Again, this title is for HELICOPTER PILOTS ONLY. This is NOT preparation materials for airplane, glider, gyroplane, hot air balloon, or other pilots. We have other RideReady titles for different aircraft types, but this one is for HELICOPTER PILOTS ONLY as it contains much information particular to helicopter / rotary-wing operations.
Thank you again for checking out RideReady!
This much updated version of RideReady has been rebuilt from the ground up to provide better speed, stability, and features for you. RideReady features a massive amount of Airman Certification Standards (ACS) and Practical Test Standards (PTS) compatible learning content to help you prepare for your next checkride. As the amount of illustrated learning content has grown to keep up with technological and FAA emphasis shifts, some devices had trouble keeping up. This new version is totally re-engineered to faster and more stable for all and also features a wealth of improved content from our editorial team consisting of Designated Pilot Examiners, Flight Instructors, and other industry professionals. New features include more flexible rendering options such as user-selectable text size and the ability to save and load sessions between devices using our free cloud sync service. RideReady can help you confident and prepared for your next checkride and with its free lifetime updates will be there for you when you want to review later on down the line.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I wanted to quick write a review so people buying this know exactly what they're getting. I was skeptical buying this, especially putting a lot of trust into it and using it as a primary study tool. I had read my IFR books beforehand but used this app a couple weeks before my check ride solely. My buddy I just passed both our checkrides this weekend, he used this app as well. The instructor said he doesn't see people very often that prepared. The app does such a good job of explaining questions and answers. Not only does it give the answer, but will include pictures, charts, and VERY thorough explanations. Has a ton of questions, and they are geared towards the things instructors ask most often.
I'm buying their commercial rating app too. In conclusion, super impressed. Don't hesitate in purchasing this. The money is worth feeling confident and prepared for a checkride.
This app is awesome! I'm still puzzled why it has no reviews. I passed my instrument checkride with no problem (except for the stuff I couldn't remember haha). This app has all the info and has little sections (weather, procedures, etc) with question number. You can choose which sections you want, or all! It's great and most of the time the explanations are good (I would say 5 out of the 900+ notecards were worded weirdly and I had to ask my cfii). The only problem is if you stop in the middle of a section and close the app without saving it most likely will lose your progress so always remember to save! I loved this so much I bought the commercial one!
Good luck to anyone pursuing the instrument rating. I know it's not easy.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.