Use your iPhone/iPad/Watch as a marine instrument display (MID) and navigation aid instead of buying an expensive mast or a repeater display. Mount your iPhone/iPad to the mast or the cockpit and use it just as a traditional device. You can even attach the iPhone to your wrist using a waterproof armband or wear Apple Watch. MID allows you to create and follow routes and track your path. It also calculates the angle of heel. Send/receive data through iCloud (e.g. remote anchor alarm).
Search "MID WiFi" for a free evaluation version!
- Compass Heading (mag/true) (HDG)
- Course Over Ground (COG)
- Speed Over Ground (SOG)
- Average SOG (ASOG)
- Maximum SOG (MSOG)
- Trip Distance (TRIP)
- Trip Time (TIME)
- Countdown Timer (CDT)
- Distance To Line (DTL)
- Time To Line (TTL)
- Heeling (HLG)
- Bearing to Waypoint (BTW)
- Distance to Waypoint (DTW)
- Time to Waypoint (TTG)
- Cross Track Error (XTE)
- Velocity Made Good to Waypoint (VMGwpt)
- Clock utc/local (CLK)
- Create and follow routes
- Create and replay tracks
- Share the tracks by email (GPX)
- Anchor Alarm (distance)
HOW TO USE
- Tap the SET to enter the Settings page
- Tap the value of any field to cycle through the color modes
- Tap/swipe the title of any field (such as TIME) to select the data to the field
- Tap a unit to cycle through the unit modes
- Tap the unit (°) of the heeling (HLG) to calibrate (zero angle)
- Tap the LOCK to lock/unlock the screen (orientation and other functionality except scrolling and TIME/ASOG/MSOG/TRIP reset)
- Press the value of any field at least two seconds to reset the TIME, ASOG, MSOG and TRIP
- Swipe to switch between data pages
- Rename a route or a track by tapping the name of it
- The location services are switched on by default. They can be switched on/off by tapping the coordinates. It is suggested to switch off before you exit in order to conserve power. If the application is put in background it runs 30 minutes before being suspended.
- The trip time runs while moving (SOG > 0)
- The COG is shown while moving (SOG > 0)
iPhone or iPad with internal or external GPS device is required for the full functionality. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Configure the start time (1 - 30 minutes) by touching the SET to enter the Settings view
- Start/sync the timer by touching the "sync"
- Stop the timer by touching the "sync" at least two seconds
- The timer beeps every minute and when 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0 second(s) are remaining
1. The back cover must be faced forward accurately in order to get the correct compass heading.
2. Mount the iPhone/iPad securely and make sure it cannot move accidentally to ANY direction.
3. Tap the unit field (°) of the heeling (HLG). HLG is set to zero and the heading shows the correct value.
Bug fixes (GUI)
Ratings and Reviews
The app works great while sailing, but it won't save my tracks. I've tried several times to save them and the app crashes every time. They also seemed to have changed the font and it looks worse.
I like the app, I think it has many nice features however it crashes every time I swipe to the map page. I have two identical first generation iPads with this app installed and nothing else. Both iPads are running the latest IOS (V5.1.1) and both devices crash the same. I've e-mailed the developer twice and still have not received a response.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Veera Solutions Oy
- 15.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Veera Solutions Oy
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.