BRAIN-FRIENDLY DICTIONARY - visit http://wordflex.com for a full-length video, media reviews and more.
Developed exclusively for iPad and with rich content from the Oxford University Press, this fun, fascinating tool offers a truly engaging reference for word lovers of all ages and interests. By using your fingers to manipulate word trees, you will experience language as an interactive adventure, and will find information quickly and easily.
Wordflex is the tool of choice for:
• Writers looking for just the right word to add meaning to their text.
• Students who want learning to be more fun, exciting and viral.
• Teachers building visuals for lesson plans.
• Crosswords and word games fanatics.
• Word nerds and logophiles digging deep into linguistic complexities.
• Artists and decorators looking for ways to bring art and meaning into a space (via high-resolution output capabilities).
Great Use for Even the Base Price
Base price allows you to explore full mind-maps of 5 unique words per day and share them via social media. For more serious learners, writers, and logophiles, ‘linguistic nirvana’ can be reached by unlocking the Full version: for a small fee this removes all quotas and adds sharing of high-resolution word posters via email, print and the photo library (owners of any previous paid version are not required to pay again).
6th Year on the AppStore
• Featured in ‘New & Noteworthy’, ‘What's Hot’, ‘Back to School’ and even ‘iPad's App of the Week’.
• 5-star user reviews
Rapturous Media Reviews
‘Truly an app worthy of iPad…’ – Nate Adcock, iPhoneLife
‘One of those “wow” apps…’ – Karen Freeman, AppAdvice
‘Visually stunning and aesthetically satisfying, Wordflex has taken the English Oxford Dictionary to the next level.’- Asam Shah, TheNextWeb
‘Caution: If you’re a word geek, it's easy to spend hours…’ – The MacTrack
‘A spectacular demonstration of how tablet technology can meaningfully put massive data at the fingertips of learners.’ - EducatingApps
‘Logophiles Rejoice! It is so easy to use and thorough that it may convert an emergency-only dictionary reader into a meaning-obsessed daily user.’ - iPad2Wallpaper
• Tree-based view that allows natural navigation of even the most complex entries.
• Three of Oxford's flagship titles with latest coverage of both American and British English compiled into one extensive information resource with over two million ‘language mind-nodes’.
• Intuitive gestures that mimic the elemental fun of exploring a language.
• Functionality to share word posters via social media, email or large-scale print.
• Ability to slide from one tree to another and back quickly and seamlessly.
• Human-voiced pronunciations in both American and British English.
• Tailor-made illustrations.
• Off-line content - except for sharing word posters, no network needed.
• Action history and bookmarking of any specific point.
• A ‘fly-through’ that randomly presents words and other language features.
Powered by Oxford's extensive language research program, including the Oxford English Corpus which contains over 2 billion words of real 21st century English, the following titles have been integrated into Wordflex, together with their latest 2014 updates.
• Oxford Dictionary of English (ISBN9780199571123)
The foremost single-volume authority on the English language with 355,000 words, phrases and definitions, 12,000 encyclopedic entries, and 68,000 examples.
• New Oxford American Dictionary (ISBN9780195392883)
Similar in extent and scope to the title above, this is Oxford’s flagship of U.S. English.
• Oxford Thesaurus of English (ISBN9780199560813)
The gold standard of comprehensive synonym and antonym resources.
- Bug fixes
- Minor functional and performance enhancements
- Small adjustment to the price model (owners of any previous paid version don't need to pay again).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I consider this app to be perhaps the most important single piece of software I own. All the other apps have at least several competitors that can do much the same things, but this app has no competition. I am an author who spends most of my workday in either writing my own materials or editing and rewriting material for others. At least six or eight or even ten times a day every day I use this app and love it. It has made it so much easier to find just the right word, making the process of getting the exact shade of meaning much, much faster.
Mark Twain once famously said, "The difference between the right word and the almost-right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." With this app I get the right word!
The Writer's Savior
If you have ever been stuck trying to find the perfect word, then this is the program for you. Let's say that you are looking for a word that means "to help," but that just doesn't capture the full essence of what you are trying to say. Type in "help" in the search box, and watch a plethora of substitute and nuanced versions of that word appear. The perfect word will be there. Select it, and it will illuminate the full meaning you were trying to convey.
An Essential Tool for my business
Recommending the App to writers and editors as a compulsory tool, as for myself over the many years using WordFlex i found it invaluable for mapping ideas, thoughts and and expanding cognitive streams. Before WordFlex arrived i was using Websters version. WordFlex simplified the process, and expanded understanding for reconsidering judgements. The all important tool for processing in consulting and developmental coaching. Use it once and you will continue to as long as you are thinking, writing and creating processes.
- Robert Scheiner
- 825.8 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2012 Robert Scheiner
- In-App Purchases
- Full version / unlimited features $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.