Fade In Professional Screenwriting Software is a complete application for writing motion picture screenplays, including tools for outlining, organizing, navigating, and collaborating, plus extensive screenplay formatting and robust tools for managing rewrites and revisions. And it works with Fade In Mobile for your iPhone or iPad.
Fade In's modern, state-of-the-art application interface does everything professional screenwriters need and expect their software to do. Its extensive formatting capabilities take care of formatting for you, automatically transitioning from scene headings to action to dialogue as you type. It includes a full range of standard screenplay styles: you can use the built-in default styles, customize them, or create your own. The software keeps track of the character names and locations you use and can provide as-you-type autocompletion suggestions. Spend less time typing and more time writing.
You can organize your screenplay however you like, marking and color-coding significant sequences, plot points, themes, characters, and other story elements so you'll always have a clear overview of your work. Use the Navigator to quickly move around your script and reorder scenes.
Use advanced writing capabilities such as the built-in Dialogue Tuner to view and edit all of a character’s dialogue in one place.
• Real-time multiuser collaboration - Work on the same document at the same time with other co-writers, no matter where they are.
• Support for multiple file formats - Importing and exporting multiple file formats is easy with support for everything from text to HTML to XML. Opening, editing and saving Final Draft documents is a snap — as is importing and exporting Rich Text Format (.rtf), such as from Movie Magic Screenwriter, and opening Celtx files.
• Open file format - Unlike screenwriting applications that use a proprietary binary storage format, Fade In uses the Open Screenplay Format: a straightforward, XML-based file format for saving your scripts, providing maximum accessibility, compatibility, and future-proofing.
• Production tools - Manage revisions, page locking, scene locking, omitted scenes and more. Easily generate industry standard script breakdowns and production reports.
• No distractions - A page-only, no-distractions, full-screen mode allows you to concentrate on the most important thing: writing.
• Get mobile - Work on the go with Fade In Mobile, available separately for iPhone, iPad and more.
• Cloud storage - Save your scripts via an online service and access them from anywhere.
• Enhanced for Retina displays with high-density text rendering
• And more:
Output directly to PDF. Batch generate securely watermarked copies. Customize the application layout. Edit your title page. Insert images. Add sticky notes. Easily modify page layout and formatting elements. Live spell-checking, custom user dictionaries, language tools, and integrated help.
Follow @fadeinsoftware on Twitter and Fade In Professional Screenwriting Software on Facebook for updates.
Like using Fade In? Please think about rating it here on the App Store. Thank you!
* Please note that the Mac App Store version of Fade In Professional Screenwriting Software is for Mac only. It DOES NOT include a registration key for installing on other operating systems. *
- Improvements to file handling integrity when saving a document
- Collaboration stability improvements
- Performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
crash is fixed, this software is great
Developer Response ,
Please send an email to support at fadeinpro.com with your information and we'll get this sorted out for you.
I can not recomend fadeIn Enough
I am a long time Final Draft user, and let me tell you I am hooked on Fade In. The price tag is rediculously low for the power this software brings. Not only is it good for the price, but it is good for any price. It is flat out the best script writing software I have used. Also the customer support is great. The developer has gotten back to every email I ahve sent him with a satisfying response and not just the usual corporate BS response of “This is possible. Thank you for your email”. Trust me, give it a try. If you’re on the fence, try the free version. I am confident you won’t be disapointed.
I’m sure I sound like an employee leaving a review. But I herby promise and agree to be legally bound by my testimony that I am in no way affiliated with this program other than being a dedicated and happy customer and user of it. I received no money or any other perks for this review. I just love the program and want to spread the word. With a world of fake reviews out there, i felt this statement was important to make clear.
Very happy with this
Hard to find reviews, so I will write one. Note: intended use for me is mostly plays so have no comment re production features. Also, don't care for index cards.
Best thing: Fountain support. (Fountain is a set of simple plain-text editing conventions to write/structure a screenplay or pieces of a script in plain text anywhere and then import or paste into Fountain enabled apps or utilities to format your script correctly. In Fade In, apply a different template to the output if you're not writing a screenplay.) Instead of using the dedicated writing apps sitting unloved in my computer, I tend to just open TextEdit (zero decisions about non-writing stuff in a text file) so fountain markup + Fade In will be so useful.
* nice thick Courier font (download from site), way better than Courier New.
* multiple import/export options -- exported Fountain file preserves notes/synopses added or edited in Fade In.
* tweak default behavior of Tab and Enter for any element plus other settings in your script or save as a template.
* make scenes into folders that contain other scenes.
* active development/responsive developer.
* dark interface not for everyone. Not yet sure if more or less tiring to the eyes? Option to lighten but it will still be dark gray. Slowly getting used to it.
* if you use index cards to outline/structure, implementation here not for you.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.