iTunes U provides everything an instructor needs to bring the classroom together on iPad—build lessons with apps and your own materials, collect and grade assignments, start class discussions or talk with students to answer questions and provide feedback.
iTunes U also allows anyone with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to learn from a large collection of free education content in public courses from leading schools, universities, museums, and cultural institutions.
• Plan lessons, grade assignments, and stay connected—right from your iPad
• Add your own teaching materials—including worksheets, links, photos, and videos from a variety of document providers
• Engage every learner using apps, books, videos, podcasts and more
• Add instructions or comments to PDFs and photos with built-in annotation tools
• See when students have viewed or completed assignments and remind them of due assignments
• Use the single-student view for individual attention at parent-teacher conferences
• Answer questions and provide video feedback or start class debates using group discussions
• Institutions using Apple School Manager and Managed Apple IDs can import rosters to streamline course creation
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions can publish courses to the iTunes U catalog for anyone to view for free on iOS devices
• View assignments and updates in one place, and check off assignments you complete
• Submit your work in private courses from other apps, or as annotated PDFs and photos
• Open audio or video files directly in other apps
• Ask instructors questions or get feedback in 1:1 messages
• Start or join group discussions with your class
• View your grades and instructor feedback on all past assignments
Browse a rich catalog of free education content:
• Choose from a variety of free lectures, videos, books, and more on a range of subjects from leading educational and cultural institutions around the world, including Stanford, MIT, Yale, La Trobe University, University of Tokyo, Smithsonian Libraries, National Theatre, and more
• Share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail and Messages
iTunes U stores information about your activity in the app, such as materials you upload. To improve the app, iTunes U collects non-personally identifiable information related to app usage and browsing history of public content. Data is retained until an action is taken to remove it by any of the means provided.
• Participating in courses requires iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
• Publishing public courses to iTunes U requires teachers to be affiliated with a qualified institution
• This update includes usability and stability improvements
• iTunes U will be discontinued at the end of 2021
Ratings and Reviews
Please don’t get rid of this app!!!!!
This app is genius!!! I’ve already learned a lot from it. These kind of apps are essential for a lot of people that are in specific situations or don’t have time to go to school. This app is also great for kids too, they need a all around place to go to and learn. Other people like me also need these kind of apps too because it matches how I learn and the speed is also good. If you get rid of this app people will not get a good solid education at all. I recommend that you keep this app up but maybe require for at least a certain amount of courses to be bought with the user’s Apple ID account. But please like another person said, “Don’t get rid of this app!”. I am begging you please don’t get rid of this app. We need this app so desperately and for around the world.
Thank u on behalf of my tribe- DINE’
I am Navajo and we have never had access to anything like this. This is a phenomenal tool that seems to be limited only by our determination. I was reading other comments and I feel like the young people of today are entitled and ungrateful. Life as a native we don’t get the same opportunities and this is something that I am phenomenally grateful for. Thank u Apple for this amazing app. I was listening to Simon Sinek speak about when he was at your conference and he stated- “100% of the executives at the conference spoke 100% of the time about education tools for teachers and students”. I appreciate u thinking differently and challenging the status quo- u can’t make things perfect for every and that’s ok- cause u are changing the lives of my people- the Navajos of AZ.
Do NOT remove‼️‼️‼️
There are WAY too many apps, games, and learning platforms- both free and paid - and we are all getting sick and tired of downloading so app after app after app and having multiple applications to do what we want to do. People are moving towards simplicity, convenience, minimalism. Yes, tech & apps - it was all the rage for a while - but it has had its day.
We are realizing the less is more. To be able to utilize my phone to complete day to day activities is great - being able to access all I need or want from a single platform (Apple) - priceless!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 40 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Apple, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.