iTunes U provides everything an instructor needs to bring the classroom together on iPad—build lessons with apps and your own materials, collect and grade assignments, start class discussions or talk with students to answer questions and provide feedback.
iTunes U also allows anyone with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to learn from a large collection of free education content in public courses from leading schools, universities, museums, and cultural institutions.
• Plan lessons, grade assignments, and stay connected—right from your iPad
• Add your own teaching materials—including worksheets, links, photos, and videos from a variety of document providers
• Engage every learner using apps, books, videos, podcasts and more
• Add instructions or comments to PDFs and photos with built-in annotation tools
• See when students have viewed or completed assignments and remind them of due assignments
• Use the single-student view for individual attention at parent-teacher conferences
• Answer questions and provide video feedback or start class debates using group discussions
• Institutions using Apple School Manager and Managed Apple IDs can import rosters to streamline course creation
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions can publish courses to the iTunes U catalog for anyone to view for free on iOS devices
• View assignments and updates in one place, and check off assignments you complete
• Submit your work in private courses from other apps, or as annotated PDFs and photos
• Open audio or video files directly in other apps
• Ask instructors questions or get feedback in 1:1 messages
• Start or join group discussions with your class
• View your grades and instructor feedback on all past assignments
Browse a rich catalog of free education content:
• Choose from a variety of free lectures, videos, books, and more on a range of subjects from leading educational and cultural institutions around the world, including Stanford, MIT, Yale, La Trobe University, University of Tokyo, Smithsonian Libraries, National Theatre, and more.
• Share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail and Messages
iTunes U stores information about your activity in the app, such as materials you upload. To improve the app, iTunes U collects non-personally identifiable information related to app usage and browsing history of public content. Data is retained until an action is taken to remove it by any of the means provided.
• Participating in courses requires iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
• Built-in PDF or photo annotation requires iPad (4th generation or later), iPad mini (version 2 or later)
• Publishing public courses to iTunes U requires teachers to be affiliated with a qualified institution
This update includes minor stability improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Thank u on behalf of my tribe- DINE’
I am Navajo and we have never had access to anything like this. This is a phenomenal tool that seems to be limited only by our determination. I was reading other comments and I feel like the young people of today are entitled and ungrateful. Life as a native we don’t get the same opportunities and this is something that I am phenomenally grateful for. Thank u Apple for this amazing app. I was listening to Simon Sinek speak about when he was at your conference and he stated- “100% of the executives at the conference spoke 100% of the time about education tools for teachers and students”. I appreciate u thinking differently and challenging the status quo- u can’t make things perfect for every and that’s ok- cause u are changing the lives of my people- the Navajos of AZ.
Great app, but I can’t find too much new content
I have used this app for years now. It fits somewhere between Podcasts and something like Khan, Udemy or Lynda. But, it’s Free!
I hadn’t used this app too much over the past 6-8 months due to my limited time lately. But I was browsing through things earlier and I’m wondering if it’s just the topics I’m browsing/looking for or if it’s across the board, but I’m not finding very much new content or new courses.
I’m mostly looking at computer programming types of courses, maybe other categories have more updated content? I’m definitely going to dig deeper and see what’s available in other sections.
I’m really hoping that the content creators out there in these universities and such didn’t decide to stop adding or updating material that’s available in this app. iTunesU is an excellent app. Great content available (hopefully there still is) and I love the ability to add notes, etc. I really hope to find some new content when I look more this week. Hoping things are still being added and updated.
Super useful app that covers a ton of different interests. Thank you for it!
Needs certificate feature
I would really like to see a certficate or Class completion printout you could generate from the grades page. As of now I have to do everything manually one by one in a PDF. If you could check mark all the students that passed and share to printer and have them all print this would be amazing!
- Apple Inc.
- 40.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Apple, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.