Rocket Speller is a fun and engaging spelling app for 3-7 year olds. Educators, occupational therapists, special education teachers, and parents agree that kids are engaged and learning with this app.
* Libby Curran (2012 People Magazine Teacher of the Year) on iKidApps - "If you are looking for an app that will help your children learn their ABCs and improve their spelling, and that is as entertaining as it is educational, try Rocket Speller."
*Smart Apps for Kids - "a TERRIFIC free app…"
*Best Apps For Kids - "This is one of the best free educational apps I have found that is not only a great value, but provides tons of fun."
*The iPhone Mom - "Rocket Speller helps develop and strengthen spelling and fine motor skills in young children, it is packed full of educational value in a fun environment …"
*Kids App Reviews - "You won’t be disappointed with this high quality app …"
Kids join Zip the alien on an out-of-this-world spelling adventure to build a fancy new rocket. Now with 5 levels of difficulty, kids spell words to fuel his spaceship and help him choose the rocket pieces he needs. Once they have built their custom rocket ship, kids steer it through space to collect stars in an entertaining mini-game.
1: 3-6 letter words. Place letters in any order. Audible and visual hints.
2: 3-10 letter words. Order required. Audible and visual hints.
3: 3-4 letter words. Order required. Audible hints. Adaptive assistance.
4: 5-6 letter words. Correct order required. Adaptive assistance only.
5: 7-10 letter words. Correct order required. Adaptive assistance only.
“What are audible hints?”
Players can touch a letter to hear its name or sound.
“What are visual hints?”
In the early levels (1 & 2), players see where specific letters should be placed.
“What is Adaptive Assistance?”
Smart technology that recognizes when a player is struggling and assistance is provided.
- Learn to spell words in a way that is fun, interactive and promotes self-initiated skill progression
- Develop awareness of how letters combine to form words
- Develop awareness of left to right order
- Promote letter recognition
- Reinforce knowledge of letter names
- Enhance vocabulary
- Kid-friendly interface
- Balances skill development with play, making learning fun
- 5 levels of difficulty engage children at different stages of development
- 140 simple and complex words to enhance vocabulary
- Words are different every time you play
- Choose upper or lower-case letters
- Hundreds of possible rocket combinations
- Interactive alien (touch Zip on the spelling pages and see what he does!)
- High quality production standards
* Note: words are pronounced with a North American accent.
PRIVACY AND EXTERNAL LINKS
We believe it’s important to inform you about the app you are downloading. This app:
- contains a secured (triple-tap required) Parents/Educators section with a few links retained for your convenience.
- tracks usage data using a highly-reputable service called Flurry Analytics. All data is aggregated and completely anonymous. Understanding how the app is used helps us to improve and refine the user experience. If you would like additional information, please contact us and we’ll be happy to answer your questions. You may opt-out by visiting www.flurry.com/resources/privacy.html.
- Has NO push notifications
- Has NO in-app purchases
- Has NO third party ads
- Has NO social media links
Little Big Thinkers is a member of Parents with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
In some cases where device memory is low, animations happen instantly, which causes the game to be unplayable.To avoid this causing frustration, we are preventing the game from running in the background.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This game is fantastic!!! Today was my first time sitting with my four yr old as he played. This educational game actually kept his attention. He knows his alphabet already, but this is great reinforcement (he gets his b, d and n,h mixed up) this game may help with his recognition. Definitely can't complain...he actually asked to play again after he completed the first level. Compared to other educational games on the iPad this is the first time he's EVER asked to play again! Great app!
My kid seems to like it
Nice graphics. Not too annoying sounds. Keeps my hellions occupied.
Is this really worth a $. It hardly has few words and it keeps repeating the same words. Literally not at all a worth a penny.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.