Muscles & Kinesiology is a detailed guide to understanding how muscles and bones interact and how common injuries and conditions occur. Explore thousands of 3D models to visualize and learn about musculoskeletal structure, function, movement, and pathologies in this handy pocket reference—perfect for on-the-go practitioners, athletes, yogis, and students.
Designed with an easy-to-navigate interface, you can begin your deep dive into the musculoskeletal system with the tap of a finger!
Explore thousands of 3D models of muscles, bones, ligaments, bursae, nerves, and vasculature from any vantage point or zoom level. Launch any view in augmented reality and turn your world into an anatomy lab!
Compare normal anatomy and common pathologies with dazzling 3D models of sprains, cervical radiculopathy, a torn meniscus, carpal tunnel syndrome, bone spurs, and many more. The comparison models are great for demonstrating how a patient’s activities can cause pain or injury.
Manipulate dozens of muscle action animations, even in mid-motion, to understand the biomechanics of muscle movement. Show patients and students how muscles and bones interact to perform specific actions like pronation, adduction, flexion, and more.
Access detailed information about any of the thousands of anatomical structures in the app, including in-depth definitions, interactive muscle attachments, bony landmarks, innervation, blood supply, and more.
Watch dozens of presentations by practicing subject matter experts on topics like rotator cuff tears, sciatica, and osteoarthritis.
Create your own dazzling 3D slideshows with the Tours feature, and annotate any model by using Tags and 3D Draw.
** Winner of the Digital Health Awards' Gold for Mobile Applications
Muscles & Kinesiology offers the most complete guide to musculoskeletal anatomy and function available, as well as a fast to learn and easy to use ad-free experience. The base purchase includes complete male and female gross anatomy models that can be dissected, common muscles actions, dozens of common pathology models, and five animations. The additional Musculoskeletal Pathology Animations in-app purchase can extend the guide to include an in-depth series of presentations given by subject matter experts on anatomy, function, and pathology.
What comes with the product: All the 3D models and muscle actions, as well as 5 musculoskeletal pathology animations from subject matter experts. Additional animations and presentations are available as an in-app purchase.
Muscles & Kinesiology is produced by the in-house team at Visible Body, and we are dedicated to bringing you free feature updates. Check out VisibleBody.com for free content and be sure to follow us on Twitter at @VisibleBody and let us know how Muscles & Kinesiology is changing the way you understand your own anatomy!
See everything available in the app at our website: https://support.visiblebody.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010593733-List-of-content-in-the-app
This is a big update!
- Tons of new anatomy models. In addition to all the enhanced muscle actions, nervous and circulatory systems, and other anatomy now in the app, you'll find in this new release:
- New and improved muscle index. Fast access to specific 3D views.
- New AR functionality. AR functionality now allows anyone with an AR-ready mobile device to see models and muscle action animations in your environment. Make the world your anatomy lab!
- Revamped muscle action animations. We've focused solely on the motion of agonists and synergists. When in a specific muscle action view, the agonists will be normal; once the action has completed, the muscles will grey out and the animation will reset. You can also learn about synergists by using the info button.
- New 3D draw tool. Now you can draw in 3D space around any model to make an interactive annotation that moves with the model.
- Updated notepad feature. Write colorful and descriptive notes in any view.
- Add labels to structures. Tap any structure to automatically generate a label, or use blank tags to test yourself or your students.
- 9 animations added to the IAP. Learn about wrist sprains, carpal tunnel, and spinal stenosis!
Ratings and Reviews
For the longest time I have had trouble remembering the Insertions and origins using flash cards and looking at charts. There were SO many muscles grouped together and when taking a test I had to remember all of them spelled correctly or I would miss the question 😵💫. Now that I have this app I have noticed the difference! This makes it fun and is always there for you, which is great when you are trying to recall the information halfway through the day to yourself. I have noticed Major differences when I take quizzes since I started using this app! Love it!👍👍👍💪 GET THIS!
100% worth the money. I am currently in school for physical therapy and this app has been such a useful tool to study and learn on the go. The images are clear and it has a ton of useful information and easy to navigate through. They even have practice quizzes and you can take and you can pin point muscles or areas on the body and place a note there for added study help. The pathologies are also a bonus! You have the entire human body broken down by body part, bone, nerves, blood vessels, and muscles with detailed precise information.
Best app I have seen for A&P! Gorgeous graphics
I’m not in the medical field but I love this app. I originally got it because I had chronic pain in my hip that various doctors couldn’t seem to diagnose. So I took it upon myself to try to figure it out. This app helped me to communicate to my doctors a more precise location of the deep hip pain I had. I found though that I enjoyed learning about anatomy and the way the body works. 5 stars!!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Argosy Publishing
- 1 GB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Argosy Publishing, Inc., 2007–2020. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Muscle Pathologies $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.