Learn Handwriting Skills the Fun Way!
Ready to Print is created and maintained by an Occupational Therapist with over twenty-five years of experience working with children. It is a comprehensive tool for parents, therapists and educators to help teach pre-writing skills to children in order to build a strong foundation for beginning printers.
We continue working to make Ready to Print the most complete writing development iPad app available, and continue to add new features.
Ready to Print progresses through the pre-writing skills in a specific order, so that children can master the visual-motor, visual-perceptual, and fine motor skills necessary for correct printing patterns. It is designed to teach children the correct patterns for printing, and to avoid bad habits that are difficult to change as the child gets older.
Ready to Print features 194 separate levels in 13 activities. The latest addition is the Touch and Drag activity, which helps students work on movement in one of four specific directions.
- It provides activities for both pre-writing skills.
- It's designed with a progression of skills that work towards correct printing patterns.
- It allows you to change size settings to match each child’s skill level.
- It features a progression from larger hand movements to smaller, more refined movements.
- It lets you choose which activity and level to begin on.
- It allows setting up multiple user profiles, and remembers skill settings and tracks progress for each user.
- It allows you to send progress reports via e-mail directly from the app.
- It detects if you're using an iPad mini, and adjusts sensitivity automatically.
- Choose from either sound effects or new professionally performed voice prompts.
Ready to Print works on any iPad size. Requires iOS version 12 or higher.
TeachersWithApps.com TWA Pick
FunEducationalApps.com Top Pick
Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award
Apps for Children with Special Needs (A4CWSN.com) Featured App
Visit www.ReadyToPrintApp.com for more professional reviews
Visit www.ReadyToPrintApp.com for more details!
-Based on feedback from educators, we have removed the sound made when an incorrect/missed action is performed by the user. Only correct input will produce a sound now.
-Updates to optimize screen layout for all iPad models.
-Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
This app has made data collection so much easier and the kids love the activities. The only thing that would make it better is if the letter/ number task would allow me to choose what letters I wanted the child to work on and had options for the letter to have lines so the child can start seeing where the letter rests. This is the best investment I have made.
Love this app
I use this app everyday during therapy sessions. The only thing I would love to change is the ability to turn off the sound for incorrect stimulus and leave the sound for correct answer
Developer Response ,
Hi Princesskarlin - Thanks for the note and review. Based on your comment and other feedback we've received, we're working on an update that will remove the negative audio feedback sound.
Also great for language
I use Ready to Print in therapy session for building language skills.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Essare LLC
- 44.3 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2018 Essare LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.