FunGolf for Apple Watch features:
- Scrollable interactive hole layout with distance to any point of the map thanks to the digital crown
- High-contrast maps of the hole for optimal legibility
- Automatic location-based or score-based hole-tracking
- Convenient scorekeeping for up to 4 players.
- Instant shot-tracking: how long was that drive?
- Uses Apple Watch Series built-in GPS when available
- High-contrast maps, visible even in bright sun light.
- Intelligent indicators showing the yardages to the green and hazards in play, updated as you move on the course.
- Automatic club suggestion: Based not only on your per-club distances, but also on your current lie.
- Offline maps: No internet connection is needed while you play. Go abroad and play without even thinking of your data plan.
- Scorecard management: FunGolf displays your score, even in stableford. It will even simulate your handicap index after playing a round.
- Rounds data synchronisation across your Apple Watch, iPhone and iPad
- Pro-grade statistics: see how your game improves over time with incredible stats like Average score, Average Putts per hole, Greens in Regulation...
- FunGolf uses the Health app to save your golf rounds as workouts and track your calories burned, steps and walking distance.
Available for more than 18,000+ courses in the USA and 34,000+ worldwide.
Please note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. FunGolf will use your GPS only when you have started a golf round, and will automatically stop it when you end the round or leave the golf course.
In-app purchases availables:
Membership FunGolf $4.49/month or $19.99/year.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Cost of renewal is $4.49/month or $19.99/year depending on your subscription.
- Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Each week, we select a great app and bring it to you, for free, as our App of the Week. (In-App Purchases sold separately.) Improve your golf game with detailed maps of more than 30,000 courses worldwide. Fun Golf GPS 3D tracks your location on the green, suggests which club to use next, lets you record and share your scores, and offers helpful stats on your overall performance.
Great Apple Watch features
It’s the best app I’ve tried if you want to decouple your Apple Watch and iPhone. Keeping score is easy - although I’d like the ability to keep my playing partners score as well on the watch. Tracking shot distances is easy as well. The biggest issue I have with the app is the poor integration with the iPhone app. I track club distances, scores, etc with the Watch and they never seem to be captured on the phone app. No relevant stats. No course history. Nothing. Want to open the app on the iPhone and see all the rounds I’ve played, scores, etc. Would also like there to be some way to submit scores for my handicap but I need to use a separate app for that.
All said and done this is an excellent app for the Apple Watch. When I turn off the phone it tracks distances directly on the watch and lasts for an entire round without fully draining the watch battery.
If stats information was not terrible it would be great
The information in 3d mode is beautiful and simple. It lets you focus on your shot. The course navigation feature is useful when playing a tournament and you are not starting from the 1st hole. It loads new courses quickly.
I miss good stats, you can only see the last 10 games (as stats) and it is not possible to compare with anything, see long term progress, graphics, etc. If Fun golf were to invest just a little to improve this absent and critical feature, it would make this app top of its class.
By the way, I sent an email asking for an improvement on this, got no answer.
- 81.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012-2019 GolfCoders
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.