xDownload HD – the best download app on iPhone is now on iPad!
Hand-tied by Safari to download files? xDownload is your solution!
xDownload is a powerful and easy-to-use tool for pulling files on the web into a background-downloading queue on your iPad. Download when you have WiFi access and view them uninterruptedly. View, manage and transfer downloaded files with ease, right from your iPad.
xDownload’s powerful features:
• Unlike Safari, press-hold to download file, picture or even the whole webpage archive, using the browser provided by xDownload.
• Just tap the link or button as you do on PC, xDownload will automatically prompt you to download when it is a downloadable file.
• Downloads are queued in the background as you continue on browsing. Stop/Start downloads at your control.
• Multiple simultaneous downloads.
• Use xDownload as your “other browser”, password-protected, so that your browsing history, bookmarks and downloaded files are safely separated from Safari.
• Easily switch from Safari to xDownload with the automatic URL caching.
• View virtually all file formats supported on iPad, with thumbnail/preview capabilities.
• Easily manage downloaded files -- rename, move, create subfolders, unzip ZIP/RAR files, email, transfer to PC, etc.
• Various useful features include search engine integration, auto finishing-up URL, history tracking, bookmark, SSL and authentication support, download bandwidth setting and download control using WiFi only.
xDownload Supported Files :
-Web files (htm, html, xml, webarchive…)
-MS Office (doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, pps, ppsx…)
-iWorks '09, '08, '06 files (key, numbers, pages…)
-PDF file (pdf)
-Text files (txt, rtf, rtfd)
-Compressed files (zip, rar)
-Image files (jpg, tif, png, gif, bmp…)
• iOS 11 compatibility improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
30 pin out broke with iOS 8
This program has been great for downloading and watching videos via the video out. But ios8 has broken my apps 30pin video with ipad 2; I use with my Alesis I/O dock video out. Developer has been kind and tested with an apple video adapter and can't find a problem so I have transferred downloads to another app that plays with my setup. Not sure what the problem is since all my other video apps output fine.
Great App!! Love it!!!
I use this to save and replay all my tutorials on my iPad when no wifi is available! I can categorize my files, open them in other apps if needed, and much more! Out of all my apps this one is one that I use on a daily basis. I recommend this app to people who have caps on their bandwidth.
This app is a favorite of mine. I'm able to manage my favorite downloaded videos and transfer them. I appreciate the efforts made by the developers to keep this accessible.
- Wei Zhang
- 32.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2012 David Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.