Capture and share your ideas with Quick Drafts. Easy, fast and reliable. Quick Drafts is a lightning fast notepad. It offers various ways to handle your notes. You can use them as todo lists, send them via email, iMessage, Facebook or Twitter. You can post them to your calendar, save them to Dropbox and Evernote or forward them to your favorite text editor.
- Beautiful page view: Quickly swipe through your notes like pages in a book.
- Todo lists: Convert any note into a checklist with selectable items.
- Quick capture: Every time you open the app you get a new blank note ready to capture your ideas.
- Export notes to anywhere: Send notes via email, SMS, iMessage, Twitter, Facebook and any app that can receive text on your device.
- Link mode: Capture phone numbers, addresses and URLs and make them tappable links.
- Reminders and alarms: Add notes as alarm events to your calendar or tap the Email Self button to send notes to your email inbox.
- Dropbox: Save your notes to your Dropbox with a single tap. Or append them to a “Quick Drafts Journal” text file that is created in your Dropbox.
- Evernote: With a single tap create a new note in the default Evernote notebook.
- Getting things done (GTD): Use Quick Drafts for your projects, tasks or shopping lists.
- Reliable: Every single character is auto saved the moment you type it. Never lose an idea.
- Landscape mode: For fast two handed typing.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- New compact note overview setting
- New: two fonts (modern and classic font)
- Improved note headers
- Scroll bug fixed when keyboard is dismissed
Ratings and Reviews
Great app but the cursor makes my blood boil
I’ve been using this app for years, and overall it’s great. The one thing that makes me crazy is that the cursor bounces around wildly and for no good reason. For example, you might try to use the selection sliders to outline a particular piece of text, and it will fly up to the middle of the note randomly, forcing you to scroll back down and try again. This makes it frustrating when trying to copy and paste, and sometimes I feel like spiking my phone into the ground like a football, but it’s my only real complaint. Otherwise the app has lots of powerful features and a clean UI. If they fix that I will revise my review.
Elegant App Offers What We Needed
This app is example of the genius of simplicity. I didn't think I needed yet another notepad, checklist, nor messenger to Evernote. But QD is all of these and does the best job. It offers a blank page each time you call upon it, ready to capture the thought or idea (that will quickly fade and be lost altogether if you must spend time navigating to the right spot in order to begin capturing it). And yet it preserves any note you took before, careful not to overwrite anything. Then, if you start to see this thought is becoming a bullet list, no problem: just touch an arrow button to change it into a bullet list, or even a checklist. You can also use this button (same button = simplicity) to lead to all other options for sharing with others or with yourself for compiling with other ideas or for follow up/later use. I can put away my other notepad, checklist, messenger apps now. I only use this one. It's on my iPhone's home screen next to "Shazam" because I use it in the same way. I capture the title of a song I'm hearing before it's over, and I use QD to capture a notion before it fades from my consciousness. Simple. Useful. Elegant.
Worked til last big update
I use this app all the time and had no problems before the last major overhaul. Now, suddenly, the app is unbelievably buggy. For example: after opening an existing note and trying to tap in the middle of the page to add text, it immediately scrolls all the way to the bottom. This sometimes happens repeatedly before I can get the cursor where I want it. It just keeps assuming I want the cursor at the bottom, no matter where I tap. Also, when writing a to-do list, text longer than one line will not display. Another irritating development is the "Make To-Do" button. If you have an existing note and accidentally click "Make To-Do," the list automatically converts to a to-do checklist with bubbles at the start of each line. That's not a big deal, because you can change it back, right? But when you try to hit the button again and convert it back, it doesn't exactly convert back -- now you have dashes (hyphens) at the start of each line. Please fix these small but very annoying new quirks!!! I used to love this app, but it has so many glitches now that it's hardly worth using.
The developer, Sebastian Obentheuer, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Sebastian Obentheuer
- 11.5 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Sebastian Obentheuer
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.