GrainProc is a real-time granular synthesizer with which you can create new sounds and musical textures by affecting your voice, your instrument, or any input from AudioBus. 2 grain engines run in parallel, allowing you to layer two sounds and create rich textures, even as a solo performer!
• 2 Granular synthesizers running in parallel
• Waveform representation of the sound allowing you to touch where you want the sound source to be
• Sliders to control dry volume, wet volume, feedback level, and grain density
• Visual level monitors of the dry, wet and feedback levels
• Simple enough to be used with your feet! We discourage using your device with your feet, though it has been used that way for public performances!
- updated for all the new screen sizes, and updated to Audiobus 3
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Simple, Immediate, Gratifying
Just picked this back up after using other granular apps, and the simple interface, with immediate understandable interface feedback, was gratifying. Not a substitute for other granular tools, but well worth having in the toolkit.
Likely needs an update
But, still cool. I’ve got a white block to the right of the blue page, and I’m not sure why it’s there. My install has never animated as it does in the demo videos. I’ve re-installed. No change.
iOS 11.4.1, no sound, unless there’s some secret button
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.