Partia is a SRPG (Strategy Role-playing) video game inspired by Fire Emblem and Tear Ring Saga series. In a high fantasy setting, the game will take players through an adventure where magic and sword collide and friendship and betrayal intertwine.
In version 1.0.5
- Warning! This version is not compatible with 1.0.3 save files. Do not upgrade if you're already in a play through!
- iOS 11 compatible
Thank you guys for your reviews and suggestions. Good ones encourage us and bad ones humble us.
I am constantly fixing bugs that are brought up to me and trying to change things that bother people. It takes time since I am just one guy (Imago Software is only two guys) dealing with many issues. Still things will improve in future updates that I'm working on.
Meanwhile, obviously this is a paid game and I don't want to disappoint or cheat people out of their money.
Here's a gameplay video from TouchArcade's Sanuku (Thank you!):
This may help with your purchase decision! Also our own video that include game tutorials are at
Yes, the minor character development was very weak. More dialogs will be written in part of effort to more complete game experience!
I was going to answer your concern but didn't really get the message!
Wow, having big battle animations will be really cool. Number 1 in my wish list too. Simply there was no budget and it looks like there will be no budget in the future, either- looking at the sales.
@Many who wanted more stages
I had random map generation for more guild quests, but I couldn't get the quality right yet. Random really never worked with the element of strategy, and became just a brute fighting.
Partia 2 was planned for 25 stages that wraps up the story, but at 600 games sold, well, I wonder if I could ever get enough budget.
I know it is not as convenient as having a restart button, but you could suspend the game and load the last save data to restart the stage from the beginning.
It would be a bug if you have an attack option without having a valid target, but I can't seem to reproduce it. To cancel the attack while targeting, you could press 'B' button (that's the inside button) or you could choose a target then select No.
I will try my best to answer any question! You could also email me to:
- Fixed crash issues in 'Horse rule' mode.
Ratings and Reviews
Fun but somewhat grindy FE clone
- Visiting Town between chapters is entertaining and makes sense.
- Dialogue is expertly crafted, easily better than the ridiculous Japanese-English translation dialogue that plagued FE games
- Character portraits and character personalities (so far) are mostly pretty great, with the ocasional hilariously “homemade” portrait
- Special abilities on characters, including support bonuses boosts the depth of combat. Having an accuracy boost on the pathetically weak main character is especially welcome!
- Big maps! Some might complain, about more tapping/clicking/turns to traverse, but big maps make battles feel epic!
- Punishing EXP system (esp on expert). You will need to grind, especially with your main character, to get them strong enough to not get one shotted by enemy grunts
Tips (for noobs only):
- Exploit the arena. Revisiting town spawns new random arena match
- Save your potions! Should be used in arena only
- If you run out of potions for the arena, bring in your healer and do 2v2 matches vs. weak enemies to heal your injured units
- For best EXP gains, it is most effective to unequip your character weapon and wait for a weak enemy to attack (and hopefully miss) for 25 turns, OR attack with slow/weak weapons.
(Edit after response from Developers):
Bumped up to 4 stars, since the punishing EXP system works as Devs intended!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for playing the game, in the expert mode! Despite the higher difficulty, I think it is how the game should be played, especially in Partia 2 and 3. There is a joy in bulldozing through the game to get to the end, but there's also a joy in bringing up your characters to see if they can meet the challenges the game throws at you. ;-)
Just like Fire Emblem but... Must give a poor rating
This would probably be my favorite original tactics game on iOS if it wasn't for the fact that I cannot pass Chapter 2 without losing characters. Partia is close to a perfect Fire Emblem copy, and I wish I could enjoy it fully, but I feel too much experience is needed to level, character stats are WAY too low (same with stat increases during level ups), and somehow my 80+% hit chance will miss twice, but a 30% hit chance will hit twice.
At first I thought it was just bad luck, but after witnessing this happen on multiple occasions, I feel there must be some sort of imbalance.
To put my frustration into an example I just experienced, my level 6 lord face to face with a level 4 hero in a duel could only do 2x2 damage with a steel sword with 61% chance of success and 13 health, died when he missed the level 4 hero twice, and the level 4 hero, with 11 health and 7 or 9x2 attack, landed a hit both times at 30 or so percent hit rate.
I have had this game for ages, and I would deeply love to enjoy the full story and gameplay, but there seems to be some issues in this.
Would give 5 stars, but I've been waiting for this to be fixed, I keep playing even though I know how imbalanced it is, and it will never get fixed.
Just needs full screen.
Partia is a strategy game that reaches its goal of being a pretty genuine clone of Fire Emblem for iOS- the best, imo. Gameplay is pretty solid, although horizontal style is pretty awkward since the d pad is really tiny and right under the game display screen, so 60% of the device's screen isn't really used. The story is okay, and, overall, Partia is a good game for a small fee. There thankfully isn't any IAP rubbish, and that could have fit in perfectly with this kind of game. Sadly, it lacks a tutorial, so I recommend everybody to look up a quick guide on how to play Fire Emblem before embarking on a quest with Partia so that you get the basics.
The thing Partia really needs, though, is full screen for vertical play for 5G devices and up. Even if you just want to fill up those empty black corners with a cool Partia wallpaper, that would be enough to keep me satisfied. I was going to put four stars because of this minor issue, but i'll cut the dev some slack- I read that the dev consists of only two people working on this game which is pretty amazing: you have done a great job. Keep up the good work.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.