*** Parents’ Choice Gold Award winner - Parents’ Choice Foundation
*** Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award for Excellence in Design
Join Milo the Meerkat and his sidekick Puffs at the zoo on a phonics learning adventure! Duck Duck Moose Reading has 9 different word and letter activities that help kids learn by feeding and playing with flamingos, monkeys, lions, and more. Collect animals and make your own zoo scene as you learn more letter sounds. AGES 3-7.
9 WORD AND LETTER ACTIVITIES
- Teaches phonics - the letter sounds for all consonants, short vowels, and long vowels
- Practice spelling consonant-vowel-consonant (CVC) words
- Includes a new reporting tool so teachers and parents can see how a child is progressing and which letter sounds they have learned
DEVELOPED WITH EDUCATORS
- Based on the Common Core State Standards - Foundational Skills of Reading
- Developed in conjunction with a Stanford University educator, Jennifer DiBrienza, PhD in Early Elementary Education, and a former NYC public school teacher (K-Grade 2)
- Tested extensively in classrooms
BASED ON COMMON CORE STANDARDS
- Letter-sound and word activities
- Recognizing and naming lowercase letters
- Demonstrating knowledge of letter-sound correspondences
- Isolating and pronouncing sounds in CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) words
- Covered CCSS include: RF.K.1d, RF.K.2d, RF.K.2e, RF.K.3a, RF.K.3b
Brought to you by Duck Duck Moose, the creator of Wheels on the Bus and Itsy Bitsy Spider and winner of 15 Parents’ Choice Awards.
Check out more fun, educational apps from Duck Duck Moose:
Favorite Nursery Rhymes:
- Wheels on the Bus
- Old MacDonald
- Itsy Bitsy Spider
- Baa Baa Black Sheep
- Peek-a-Zoo (Animal Book for Toddlers)
Curriculum Based Learning:
- Fish School (Letters, Numbers, Colors, Matching)
- Park Math (Addition, Subtraction, Patterns)
- Word Wagon (Letters, Phonics, Spelling)
- Musical Me! (Music, Notes, Pitch, Rhythm)
- Puzzle Pop (Animated Puzzles for all ages)
- [NEW!] Duck Duck Moose Reading (Phonics)
- Draw and Tell (Draw, Color, Record Voice)
- Trucks (Carwash, Tow Truck, Recycling)
- [NEW!] More Trucks (Fire Truck, Monster Trucks)
- Princess Fairy Tale Maker
- Superhero Comic Book Maker
ABOUT DUCK DUCK MOOSE
(A wholly-owned subsidiary of Khan Academy)
Duck Duck Moose, an award-winning creator of educational mobile apps for families, is a passionate team of engineers, artists, designers, and educators. Founded in 2008, the company has created 21 top-selling titles and has received 21 Parents’ Choice Awards, 18 Children’s Technology Review Awards, 12 Tech with Kids’ Best Pick App Awards, and a KAPi award for “Best Children’s App” at the International Consumer Electronics Show.
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Duck Duck Moose is now part of the Khan Academy family. Like all Khan Academy offerings, all Duck Duck Moose apps are now free, without ads or subscriptions. We rely on our community of volunteers and donors. Get involved today at www.duckduckmoose.com/about.
Check out the Khan Academy app to learn and practice all kinds of topics for elementary school through college and beyond.
We’d love to hear from you! Visit us at www.duckduckmoose.com or drop us a line at email@example.com.
Thanks for learning with us! We have some big news!
We’ve launched a new learning app for kids 2–6 called Khan Academy Kids. It’s 100% FREE with no ads or subscriptions needed.
This new version of Duck Duck Moose Reading includes some small changes for iOS 13. Please update today!
Ratings and Reviews
My 5-year old really likes learning with this app. She likes it so much, she needs more space for all the animals she's earned.
Love the game
I am opening the app now and I am sending a message to the website or the app now and I will play the game whenever the app is done loading and I am going to like it now 🤩🎉🎊🤪❤️👍😘😃
My three-year-old son absolutely loves this app, and all of the duck duck moose apps. It has been especially helpful as we have worked on letters and the sounds they make.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.