Anyone can create pro-quality music in minutes with the world's only chord-based audio loop app. And with this new upgraded version it just got a whole lot better!
With over 80,000 perfectly played, copyright-free audio loops created by the UK's best session musicians and producers now included as part of the download, SessionBand Original instantly converts the chords you select into great sounding audio – wherever you are and whatever your level of ability.
So whether you’re making music for a living or just for the love of it, you’ve got everything you need to create great music in one amazing app – even if you can't play a note!
Preview SessionBand loops on our website: www.sessionbandapp.com/SessionBand.html
PLEASE NOTE: iPad 2 or newer required to run this app.
A simpler way to make great music:
- Select a musical style from a choice of 71 styles
- Select any chords in any key and watch them instantly turn into pro-quality musical audio loops
- Stretch or shorten loops as you wish
- Build up your songs...in minutes. Any chord. Any key!
Mix and 'Flip' tracks in real time:
- 'Flip' your track instantly between totally different musical styles – listen to your R&B track with a Reggae vibe or your Deep House track in Dubstep
- Mix, arrange,record and email your track on the go
- Speed up, slow down and auto-transpose audio on the fly!
-Enjoy the latest features like Audiobus 2 compatibility and automated mixing
Get the UK's best musicians and producers working on your songs!
- Benefit from the people who record with some of the world's biggest stars including Mariah Carey, Kylie Minogue, Leona Lewis, Mel C, Van Morrison, Mark Knopfler, Sugababes and Cheryl Cole
- Over 80,000 copyright-free audio loops they have created exclusively for SessionBand included with the download
Make music wherever you are:
- Create, play, record, rehearse, jam, sing and share wherever you are
- Once it's downloaded you don't need internet access
- From cutting-edge Guetta-style Pop/Dance, to authentic Deep House, Britpop or Bluegrass. Create fantastic, audio-based tracks on the move
Anyone can sound great with SessionBand!
- You don't need any musical knowledge to create professional tracks with SessionBand
- A simple and intuitive interface
- Chord preview function lets you audition the chord of the loop you are about to insert. If it doesn't sound right, simply audition another one
- Use copy and paste to speed up the song-building process
- Help tutorials on every screen
Get more for your money:
- The download now includes all 71 sets of audio loops covering a wide range of styles from Acoustic, Blues and Dance all the way through to Hip Hop/Rap, Rock and Urban/R&B. Check website to hear what's included
- All SessionBand loops are copyright-free so you can include them freely in your music whether it's for commercial release or just for fun
SessionBand. Everyone's got a song in them. What's yours?
iOS 13 bug fixes (stops freezing-up issues) and also improved export features and file sharing.
Ratings and Reviews
Exquisite App! Love it ...
Great app for anyone who writes their own music or especially for people like myself who don't know music theory or play an instrument. I am a songwriter and producer and the way I get my ideas out is to hire musicians and hum the idea out or play a basic melody on a keyboard for them to understand where I want to go with the song. This Amazing app lets you arrange & write out that the idea you have in your head without knowing the correct chords or key to the song. All I had to do is pick the key I want the song to be in,scroll thru different chords and arrange them and that idea I had in my head came to LIFE. I pray you guys will come out with a new update which offers more chords to choose from and have an option to add drum loops to your song and maybe some different instruments like strings and either guitar or piano as well. Until then I will wait patiently for more Blessings to come my way.
Promising (but not how you think)
I like the app. It has its limitations, true, but overall a fun app to play with and a handy jam-along/improv/practice tool. HOWEVER:
For all of you hoping for Audiobus support- good luck. I'd love to see it as well, but way back when I first got the app (before the genre specific ones), I emailed the dev, asking if they would/could make a universal version. You see, I bought the entire IAP bundle for my iPad and didn't want to have to buy it again for my iPhone. The answer I received indicated that there was a universal app in the works. It failed to mention that the universal app would be an entirely different app altogether. I still don't have the IAP's on my phone, which is irritating, because the two apps (iPad and iPhone) are identical in content. If you want to work on the same project on both devices and are using an IAP, be prepared to pay for the same thing twice. Given that experience and the fact that they have the newer, AB compatible versions, I'd be surprised (but happy) to see that AB support arrive for this particular incarnation, regardless of the devs promises.
Other than that, I do enjoy throwing a progression together and just noodling over it with guitar or synth.
Best tool for great chord progression
Actually, I kind of prefer this version of SessionBand over the other versions. I like the fact that I can lay down one chord progression and then try it in a variety of styles quickly. No there is not Audiobus support, but it is not too hard to export a session to a track and then import into some other app.
My biggest wish for all of these apps is a more usable way to edit chord progressions. But it is certainly good enough to use.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.