RunQuest 21k is a 13-week training program designed for 5k runners who want to run a half marathon. The workouts are distance-based, using GPS, and you get voice cues telling you your pace and progress every mile or km.
This is a program for runners comfortable running 5km (3.1 miles) at least 3 times per week or runners who have recently completed our Run 5k or Run 10k app.
• Includes Apple Watch app. Get your workout info without having to take your phone out of your pocket!
• Maps your run.
• Speaks pace and distance.
• Works in the background when you've switched to another app or if you've locked the screen.
• Calculates calories burned.
• Supports Bluetooth heart rate monitors.
• Includes animated stretching programs with voice cues.
• Integrates with the Health app and HealthKit.
• Daily tips for your training program, including information about pacing and nutrition.
• Choose your start and end dates.
• Complete program where you run 4 times per week.
• Total of 12 miles (19km) to 21 miles (33km) per week.
• Works in miles or km.
• Tapers in the middle and end of the program.
• Automatically checks off each completed run.
• Checks off your run on the calendar.
• Option to manually enter treadmill, indoor, or other non-GPS runs.
This app can be integrated with the Health app and be used with HealthKit. Your weight set in the Health app can be used to calculate Calories burned during a workout, and your date of birth and gender can be used to calculate your target and maximum heart rates. The total Active Calories burned can be saved to HealthKit after each workout. Sharing this information with HealthKit is optional.
GPS and LOCATION
This app requires an iPhone or iPad with GPS support. During a workout, location data is used to calculate distance and pace, and to record a track of your position on the map. For best results, use this app outside where you can see open sky. Note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Legal Disclaimer: This app and any information given by it or by Felt Tip Inc are for educational purposes only. They are not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any fitness program.
This app was created by Lucius Kwok and Agnes Chan. Made in NYC.
• Updated for the new iPhones.
• Some design improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Long Run Crashes
I started using this app 11weeks ago after graduating from the sister-app Couch to 5k app. In general, it is a fine design and the plan has worked well for me. However, I give it such a low rating because it crashes and loses my data during all of my long runs, usually somewhere between mile 5 and 7. I haven't noticed this issue during 3-4mile runs. This wouldn't be so much of an issue except that I run outside over sidewalks and trails, so I cannot keep track of my distance without the GPS. I get frustrated when I expect to hear the mile signal, check my phone, and discover that the app crashed on me and now I have to figure out through other apps how far I have run. The only reason I keep using this app is because the training program itself has worked well for me. Unless these issues are fixed, I will be switching to another training app for my next race.
Don’t waste your money
I found several free apps that do as much or more. Integration with Apple Watch is poor. Will never buy a training app again that doesn’t give me a free preview.
When I first purchased this app I was happy with it but now that I have been using it for a few weeks it stopped working properly. I finish my run and when I go to save the app shuts off and deletes all my info and I have to manually put in my stats. I hope that this is fixed soon or I will be looking for a new app quickly.
- Felt Tip Inc.
- 53 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Felt Tip Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.