Kickstarter is a place where independent creators and passionate backers come together to bring new ideas to life. Explore creative projects in art, design, film, games, music, and more, and pledge to your favorites right from the app. Creators can even keep up with their own projects on the go.
With the Kickstarter app, you can:
• Back projects to help make new ideas a reality.
• Stay in the know with updates from projects you’ve backed.
• Save your favorites and get reminders before projects end.
• Share projects with friends via email, messaging, and more.
Project creators can stay up to date from anywhere:
• Easily track your funding progress.
• Keep up with comments and pledges.
• Post updates and respond to backer messages.
Following up our recent makeover to rewards selection—we’ve added more exciting features to the checkout process. Now it’s easier than ever to back a project, manage your pledge, view your backer number, and adjust your shipping details.
Leave a review and let us know what you think of this new look and feel.
Ratings and Reviews
Must Have New Gadget Advisor
If you don’t know about Kickstarter, you are missing out. I have made 2 purchases so far on some really cool inventions. Kickstarter gives both new and existing companies, with new products, the opportunity to test the customer market through advertisement and retail sales of new products at a discounted rate. Some products have been a bust while others far exceed what the designing companies were hoping to achieve in the way of funding. Although many products are not assembled and shipped for an extended amount of time, due to being in various stages of design, this is still a very innovative and worthwhile app to have. You’ll be glad you downloaded it. Thank you Kickstarter!
Last “update” terrible!!!
With the last update to the mobile app (which had already seen a lot of terrible decisions - like not having your pledge at the top of the list), now you cannot even see the other pledges if you want to change your level. This is important in campaigns that may add on new tiers to accommodate backer choices, and also important for backers who start at one tier and want/need to change (particularly the infamous $1 tier). Additionally, having the list reload whenever you favorite/unfavorite a campaign is a serious pain - if you have more than 20 campaigns in your history (as a super backer, this has always been a thorn in my side since I primarily manage my campaigns via my mobile device).
Finally, do better for your backers! This platform does not exist without them and the increasing number of campaigns that ARE scams (I.e. projects that fund, sometimes massively, and the creators fail on all points). As backers we do sleuth things out when something isn’t adding up but the frank zero protection and accountability from KS itself is appalling. Figure it out or you will have people stop crowd funding. Which would see a lot of great things never come to fruition.
Great app overall but needs an update and ADA Accessibility options.
Great app overall. I enjoy browsing the projects, but the following updates/additional features need to be added for everyone's enjoyment and ease:
1. More search options such as keyword search, search via Voice without having to find our microphone on our keyboard, and subcategory search. Another search feature would be to be able to add search exceptions (minus keywords).
2. The ability to view updates only on a project's page versus having to scroll through an entire page again. This is assuming one is logged in.
3. ADA Accessibility options for the app, such as font size, boldness, and font type is available. I don't always have my reading glasses handy amd/or care to wear them for a quick KS browse, so it would be helpful to be able to choose my font size at least on your app.
4. It would be helpful to know under what circumstances one's credit card would have a hold put on it, when one is considering backing a project. That can make a difference between how soon one backs a possible project. After all, no one likes surprises to their finances - unless positive financial and/or FICO gain.
Additional app review very likely at the end of 2019 after maybe possibly experience having backed my first chosen project or two.
- Kickstarter, PBC
- 52 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2019 Kickstarter PBC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.