This app was built for anyone living alone. It provides a way to make sure that if you don’t respond, others will be notified. Instead of relying on products that require you to press a button when you need help (think "I've fallen and I can't get up" commercial), isn't it better if someone is notified when you DON'T press a button? Introducing the EyeOn App.
* You can set your own schedule for the app to "check-in". You can set the days of the week, time of day…as many (or as few) as desired. For example, the app can ask if you are ok every hour, only in the mornings/evenings, or every other day.
* You will receive a push notification at the scheduled time(s). This notification will ask if you are ok.
* If you press "OK", then the alert is reset for the next scheduled time.
* If you fail to respond, then the app notifies up to 3 contacts. These contacts are notified by email, text message/SMS, or both.
* The contacts get an email, text message/SMS, or both stating that you have not responded, your last known location (email only), and the battery level of your phone (email only). You can customize the email sent to your contacts to provide specific instructions.
* (Pill) Reminders can also be scheduled. They are just that - a custom reminder. No response is required and we don't notify your contacts if you don't respond to a Reminder.
* Pause feature - you can pause the service for hours, days, or weeks if you don't want to be checked on during a movie, vacation, etc.
When first installing, you will be prompted to complete the names, mobile phone numbers, and emails of the user and for each care provider. Then simply set a schedule for check-in times.
Push Notifications - on the initial setup you will be asked to allow EyeOn App to use Push Notifications. This is mandatory for the app to function.
Location - although this is not mandatory, we can provide your location inside the alert email to your care providers if you do not respond. It will be the location where you were the last time you opened the app. You will need to give EyeOn App permission to use your Location.
Timezones/Time Changes - EyeOn App adjusts for timezones and time changes when the app is opened. If you travel to a different timezone or have a time change, please open the app once for it to automatically correct to the new time.
Cancelation of Service - if you do decide to discontinue use of the service, please simply delete any Notifications you scheduled. If you delete the app without deleting the Notifications, it could take up to 24 hours for your account to be disabled.
This version of Eyeon has been updated to allow users to respond to notifications within their push notifications via a newly added Action Button.
A number of updates and bug fixes were also included.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Easy to use, but few features
Very easy to use, and what it does it does very well. However, it lacks the ability to customize the email message to be sent if you do not respond. Other than that it's a great app for anyone who lives alone.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review. We will review the possibility of adding in the ability to customize the email. Thank you for the suggestion. UPDATE: We have listed to your request and added this feature into the latest version.
Excellent for those who live alone!
This app makes me feel safer. Without bothering my son all the time, he can know if I am in trouble. It’s very easy to set up the notifications. It reminds me when it’s time to check in. If I don’t check in after two reminders, then he is notified. So I feel like I am less of a burden. And he feels better knowing I am safe.
The best feature is the customer service. After one update, I had a problem. I contacted the developer, and they immediately contacted me back. They explained how to fix the problem, and it worked beautifully. Having such quick quick and accurate response is worth everything.
Developer Response ,
It's so nice to hear how the app has impacted your daily life. Thank you for the kind words.
Easy to Use: Excellent Support
I was initially surprised at how simple this app is but have come to appreciate that as a feature.
What made me a big fan, however, was the support team’s very quick response to my query about a glitch that happened when my iPhone iOS updated. They responded almost immediately, suggested a workaround while they fixed the glitch, and completed the fix without delay.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the kind words. We are glad to hear that the app does what you need, and we will give our support team a pat on the back!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.